• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds of Mongolia (1 Viewer)

Swissboy

Sempach, Switzerland
Supporter
Switzerland
I don't recall having read much - if anything at all - about the FG to Birds of Mongolia. A quick search here did not bring any results. So I'd like to ask what is known about this book.

Edit: I just found out that there are two different ones with the same title:

A: Book by Dorj Ganbold and Chris Smith

B: Book by Gombobaatar Sundev and Christopher W. Leahy. This one is rather cheap at Book Depository. So I thought I might possibly get it despite the fact that I have no plans for travels to that area.

Any comments about these two would be welcome.

Last edited:
James Lidster wrote a review of the Sundev & Leahy field guide in Dutch Birding:
https://www.dutchbirding.nl/recensies/1547/birds_of_mongolia?sort=asc

Much of which I agree with. It's an essential field guide for visiting the country, as there is so little else to rely on with distribution of the species in this comparatively little-known country. For the finer arts of identification, I would rely on other sources however.

Certainly for the price, it is a nice, and worthy addition to the bookshelf.

James

I don't recall having read much - if anything at all - about the FG to Birds of Mongolia. A quick search here did not bring any results. So I'd like to ask what is known about this book.

Edit: I just found out that there are two different ones with the same title:

A: Book by Dorj Ganbold and Chris Smith

B: Book by Gombobaatar Sundev and Christopher W. Leahy. This one is rather cheap at Book Depository. So I thought I might possibly get it despite the fact that I have no plans for travels to that area.

Any comments about these two would be welcome.
I have them both and although B isn't perfect it's much better than A, with better illustrations and text.
Cheers
James

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back