• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird box camera help (1 Viewer)

sparkspce

Sparkyspice
Hello, I’ve had bird box cameras in different gardens for prob 20 yrs now. I’ve had a pretty good success rate for birds nesting, although we often have to watch terrible dramas unfolding in and around the nest. Such is the perilous nature of being a blue or great tit!
I’m have used a variety of cameras from the basic 700TVL versions that plug direct into a TV to HD ones that connect via BCN connectors into my DVR to IP cams both dedicated bird box and CCTV types. All produce watchable images and recordings via a monitor or the Hik Connect app.
But….. none of these images are as sharp and full of colour as those I see on some camera feeds posted to the internet and I don’t mean the professional ones. What cameras produce such good images? Can anyone advise?
Thank you in advance.

Hi Sparkspce and welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. Hopefully someone will chime in with the right forum to ask this question, I’ve taken a look but am not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back