• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Albania in April 2024 (1 Viewer)

Great report.

I went in July a couple years ago, but the focus really wan't on birding. One thing I do remember was the large number of Lesser Kestrels hanging around the castle and my hotel in Gjirokaster. Otherwise it was too damn hot (41º) for any birds to be active.

Great report.

I went in July a couple years ago, but the focus really wan't on birding. One thing I do remember was the large number of Lesser Kestrels hanging around the castle and my hotel in Gjirokaster. Otherwise it was too damn hot (41º) for any birds to be active.
Thanks!
There were a pair of Kestrels around the castle, but I took them for common. I think the Lesser had not yet arrived, at least not in numbers.
I can imagine it gets very hot in summer. Now it was perfect, around 25-28 ° throughout.

Thanks!
There were a pair of Kestrels around the castle, but I took them for common. I think the Lesser had not yet arrived, at least not in numbers.
I can imagine it gets very hot in summer. Now it was perfect, around 25-28 ° throughout.
Yeah, 25º would be delightful. But two weeks of over 40º temps made for a challenging holiday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back