• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zoom F3 and Sennheiser ME66 (1 Viewer)

Clandestine Bird

Hi everyone,

I got the zoom F3 and I just need to know some of things.

1. I have to turn off the K6 capsule do to ZF3 have its own phantom power?

2. Where is the volume in when recording? In previous zoom you can control that. Here seems to be just volume out.

That's all whish me luck.

All the best,

1. I have to turn off the K6 capsule do to ZF3 have its own phantom power?

2. Where is the volume in when recording? In previous zoom you can control that. Here seems to be just volume out.
Hi,

For question 1 you should be able to select ‘mic’ as the input rather than ‘mic (+48v)’. So you have a choice… simple mic input and powering of the mic via the K6, or phantom power with no need for the K6 to provide power.

Not sure what you mean for question 2. There is volume on the headphone socket. If you are talking about gain, then this is basically redundant with 32bit float recording - you basically reset the level in post using whatever software you use (say Audacity). There is so much headroom with 32bit float recordings, the recording cannot really be messed up, by the gain being too low or too high - so no real need for a gain adjustment knob.

For question

Hi,

For question 1 you should be able to select ‘mic’ as the input rather than ‘mic (+48v)’. So you have a choice… simple mic input and powering of the mic via the K6, or phantom power with no need for the K6 to provide power.

Not sure what you mean for question 2. There is volume on the headphone socket. If you are talking about gain, then this is basically redundant with 32bit float recording - you basically reset the level in post using whatever software you use (say Audacity). There is so much headroom with 32bit float recordings, the recording cannot really be messed up, by the gain being too low or too high - so no real need for a gain adjustment knob.

For question
Thank you Jon B.!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back