• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

wrexham (borras pools) ???? (1 Viewer)

NIKONwxm

Hi.
Just interested in visiting borras pools. I live in wxm just wondering where are they located.
Are they the pools behind pant-yr-ochain ?
I've seen borras pools mentioned in the bird watching magazine.

regards Barry

Hi.
Just interested in visiting borras pools. I live in wxm just wondering where are they located.
Are they the pools behind pant-yr-ochain ?
I've seen borras pools mentioned in the bird watching magazine.

regards Barry

I believe so, but I've not been myself (never seem to manage to get much beyond the bar at the Pant!) Not sure if there's much access to them though, although one tiny portion can be seen from the garden at the Pant (not seen much more than the odd Canada Goose on there myself). My wife used to work down Barker's Lane and occasionally would report seeing flocks of Geese in the fields down there during winter. I take it that you are already aware of Gresford Flash (with its occasional decent Gull or Grebe etc) just a bit along from the Pant-yr-ochain.

James

LOL... must admit the bar is a watering hole i like to visit after all its got 6 guest ales......
By the way there are around 6-7 other pools around that area apart from the flash.... I think these are the "borras pools" .

also there are a few pools on farmland close by just wondering if these are the "borras pools" mentioned in the birdwatching mag

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back