• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Jackdaw (1 Viewer)

Sazzyox

United Kingdom
Hi guys, not entirely sure where to post this however I’m just looking to see if anyone can help. I know a few of our gardens birds I’ve seen have rings on, I’ve never really thought anything of it as I know sometimes birds are ringed, a few starlings anyways, but there has been a jackdaw coming the last few days and he/she has a ring on which I think says PH, but it’s different to what the starlings are normally. So I’m just wondering if anyone can shed any light on it? And is it just because they count numbers or is there another reason specifically they do it? I’m just curious as I’ve had a look online and it’s all mixed information so I was looking for a bit more information.

Thanks in advance!!

Sarah

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back