• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Winner Announced; Next Drawing Aug 10th: Win a Pair of PRIME HD binoculars (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS should be the winning posting. I couldn't post yesterday because I was at the hospital for the birth of our first child, a healthy boy!

Could really use a pair of binoculars to start retirement off in style.

A safe place?

THUS SPEAKS TURACO:

The writing-zombie Garra-de-Loro is permanently out of order. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

It was a beautiful morning ... and out went the washing. Oooops... it's raining now!

A decent pair of bins and I might have seen the clouds coming!

Ms. Delia Todd, if Mr. Brock (whose difficult life could at least be changed from clockwise to counter-clockwise by a pair of new binoculars) shouldn't win, we hope that you win the binoculars, since you always have a good reason why you clearly need them. (We, in contrast, would only look through them in speechless wonder, see little bits of the world, possibly embellished by images of rare birds, and ask ourselves what it's all about.)

TURACO
I couldn't post yesterday because I was at the hospital for the birth of our first child, a healthy boy!

Mr. Ptickner, Sir, do you think that the world is a safe place for children? We, Sir, in all modesty, do not think so. We wish your child luck.

TURACO
Please note: Master Raffaele has travelled to Aspromonte in Reggio Calabria, heartland of the 'ndràngheta. We have heard nothing from him for a number of days. - April 2009, recovering in the public hospital of Gioia Tauro, Master Raffaele said: È davvero semplice, no? Io ero turista, sai, o qualcosa di simile, viaggiando in moto … (It's quite simple, isn't it? I was a tourist, or something of the kind, riding a motorbike. Thought I might as well have a look at the cursed village - why not? They are not going to shoot me without any reason, will they? But I may still have been nervous, looking around too much - and there might have been something as trivial as a cat or a hedge-hog on the road - I don't just run over animals, you know, I never would! - and somehow it happened. Then, as it was to be expected in such a place, some criminal youths took care of the motorbike, rather than of the rider. One of them lost his handgun while stooping down to pick up the bike. Well, there you are. It's not a big mystery really, is it? The stupid thing is that I had fallen on my head and lost my memory, in spite of the helmet. So when they asked me my name, I just I babbled out what first came into my mind: Raffaele - for whatever reason. Got no idea whether that's my real name. It feels right, but how should I know?) Wish Master Raffaele luck. TRC

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back