• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wheatears and Nuthatch Eastern Turkey (1 Viewer)

BikeandBird

Hello all,

I need some opinions on the photographed birds.
1-3: immature wheatears on top of Mount Nemrut one week ago; I always struggle with the young ones
4: Rock Nuthatch, somewhere in the eastern part of Kayseri province; I identified the bird(s) as Western RN in the field but the eye-stripe looks pretty wide behind the eye; would also be pretty far west for Eastern RN

Looking forward to your suggestions and opinions.

Thanks in advance,

Leo

Attachments

• IMG_0957.jpg
    IMG_0957.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0954.jpg
    IMG_0954.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0946.jpg
    IMG_0946.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0658.jpg
    IMG_0658.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 67
I agree that the Nuthatch is Western, the supercilium does not bulge as it should in Eastern. The location is too far west as well.

As for the Wheatear, it needs more research but has the feeling of Finsch's - big head, short neck, short tailed appearance.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back