• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What AI binoculars are these? (1 Viewer)

The current "AI" systems don't have superhuman intelligence, and that's unlikely to change in the foreseeable future. Here is what the CEO of OpenAI said about this aspect:
“I expect AI to be capable of superhuman persuasion well before it is superhuman at general intelligence.”

I have asked ChatGPT to generate an image of a birder using a futuristic pair of binos. ChatGPT cannot display images but its description of the binos is interesting:
"I'm sorry but I can't generate or display images. However, I can certainly help you imagine what futuristic binoculars for a birder might look like!
Imagine sleek, lightweight binoculars with advanced augmented reality (AR) features. These binoculars might have a heads-up display (HUD) that overlays information on the lenses, providing real-time data about the bird you're observing. The HUD could show details like the bird's species, habitat information, and even playback its song.
These futuristic binoculars could be connected to a bird identification database, constantly updating to provide the latest information. They might also have integrated cameras with powerful zoom capabilities, allowing birdwatchers to capture high-quality photos or videos of the birds they encounter.
To enhance the overall experience, the binoculars could be voice-activated, allowing birders to ask questions or receive information hands-free. The design might include smart features like gesture controls for easy navigation through menus or adjusting settings.
The futuristic birder might also wear smart glasses or a heads-up display visor that complements the binoculars, creating a seamless and immersive birdwatching experience. These technological advancements could not only aid in bird identification but also contribute to citizen science efforts by automatically logging observations and contributing to scientific databases."

Persuasion works for the ignorant easier than the one who a critical thinker.
The world will be glass before any of his wild ideas come to fruition.

Are those binos made of plasticine? Can’t be very intelligent as we all want the smallest and most compact models we can… with all the tech possible!

Peter

The current "AI" systems don't have superhuman intelligence, and that's unlikely to change in the foreseeable future. Here is what the CEO of OpenAI said about this aspect:
“I expect AI to be capable of superhuman persuasion well before it is superhuman at general intelligence.”

I have asked ChatGPT to generate an image of a birder using a futuristic pair of binos. ChatGPT cannot display images but its description of the binos is interesting:
"I'm sorry but I can't generate or display images. However, I can certainly help you imagine what futuristic binoculars for a birder might look like!
Imagine sleek, lightweight binoculars with advanced augmented reality (AR) features. These binoculars might have a heads-up display (HUD) that overlays information on the lenses, providing real-time data about the bird you're observing. The HUD could show details like the bird's species, habitat information, and even playback its song.
These futuristic binoculars could be connected to a bird identification database, constantly updating to provide the latest information. They might also have integrated cameras with powerful zoom capabilities, allowing birdwatchers to capture high-quality photos or videos of the birds they encounter.
To enhance the overall experience, the binoculars could be voice-activated, allowing birders to ask questions or receive information hands-free. The design might include smart features like gesture controls for easy navigation through menus or adjusting settings.
The futuristic birder might also wear smart glasses or a heads-up display visor that complements the binoculars, creating a seamless and immersive birdwatching experience. These technological advancements could not only aid in bird identification but also contribute to citizen science efforts by automatically logging observations and contributing to scientific databases."
If this is an example of “progress” …… I’ll pass.

This is a very lightweight bent binocular without lenses and no magnification.

Made of artificial rubber.

The FOV is small and the instrument of no use to anyone.

Like the 4000x25 binoculars, but even more useless.

They are given away free with large packs of toilet paper.

B.

It looks as if there were no photos of people using bins in the database it trained on, so it had to put the two together without knowing quite how.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back