• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Waterproofing. (1 Viewer)

Andrew,

It's 250ml size and has sprayed my bag twice once to coat and one for good measure.. plus enough left in can to perhaps do it 2 more times.

Terry

If you are spraying your SOC with anything other than water, it would be a good idea to keep it away from the lenses while you are doing it. Contact with the lens coating with these things which probably contain solvents won't do it much good.

Colin

Indeed Colin, I took them off and stood them up in a cardboard box in the shed (well ventilated) and sprayed away then brought them in to dry quicker in front of the fire.

Thanks for starting this thread Andrew. I bought some Granger spray (thanks to Kevin's suggestion) and sprayed my SOC today before birding in Essex.

Kevin & Peter, Does the Granger's dry completely such that the material feels as it did pre-sprayed? Or is it waxy?

Thanks for the tip on laces.

Did not read the instructions, just shook the can and sprayed away. Typical of me!!! I will do my Lowepro camera bag. It claimed to be waterproof of some kind but I tested it and it stayed wet on the outside so it's gonna get the works too.

Kevin - I say again: when are you going to release a book of tips and hints? You're a natural man!

You could be on that five minute slot that used to be on BBC2 called 'Tricks of the Trade' or summat like that.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back