• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (3 Viewers)

I sprinkled some millet, sunflower seeds, and peanuts on the ground near a brush pile in my yard a few days ago -- I was surprised how quickly the birds came after months of not being fed. Spotted, and California Towhees, White-crowned Sparrows, House Finches, and Western Scrub-Jays all made appearances. I set up my photography blind right in the middle of the scattered seed for good looks of them, and great shots. Hopefully this wind dies down so I can set it up again.

The distinctive sound of a Raven just gone over whilst I was in the garden. Wren and 3 LTT the only other non resident species this morning.

Good to find my first ever adult Common Frog in the garden as well

Last edited:
Hoping for a cold front to bring in more birds from tomorrow. Yesterday wasn't bad, though:
46 Cedar Waxwings
17 White-winged Doves
5 House Sparrows
2 Carolina Chickadees
N Mockingbird
N Cardinal
E Bluebird
American Robin
Carolina Wren
Blue Jay
E Phoebe
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Orange-crowned Warbler
American Goldfinch
Chipping Sparrow
Downy Woodpecker
Red-bellied Woodpecker

Jeff

Hoping for a cold front to bring in more birds from tomorrow. Yesterday wasn't bad, though:
46 Cedar Waxwings
17 White-winged Doves
5 House Sparrows
2 Carolina Chickadees
N Mockingbird
N Cardinal
E Bluebird
American Robin
Carolina Wren
Blue Jay
E Phoebe
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Orange-crowned Warbler
American Goldfinch
Chipping Sparrow
Downy Woodpecker
Red-bellied Woodpecker

Jeff

46 Waxwings...... Wow. :t::t::t:

Due to recent quadruple bypass surgery I find myself "house bound". So I do a lot of bird watching from the back room of our house. I have a good view of our backyard bird feeders and am currently seeing a little over a dozen species each day. Today's list is: Red-bellied Woodpecker, American Goldfinch, Dark-eyed Junco, House Finch, Black-capped Chickadee, American Crow (fly-by), European Starling, Northern Cardinal, Blue Jay, Carolina Wren, Downy Woodpecker, White-breasted Nuthatch, Tufted Titmouse and House Sparrow. (Fourteen (14) species.)

Due to recent quadruple bypass surgery I find myself "house bound". So I do a lot of bird watching from the back room of our house. I have a good view of our backyard bird feeders and am currently seeing a little over a dozen species each day. Today's list is: Red-bellied Woodpecker, American Goldfinch, Dark-eyed Junco, House Finch, Black-capped Chickadee, American Crow (fly-by), European Starling, Northern Cardinal, Blue Jay, Carolina Wren, Downy Woodpecker, White-breasted Nuthatch, Tufted Titmouse and House Sparrow. (Fourteen (14) species.)

Speedy recovery Larry, but keep enjoying the garden wildlife :t:

All the best for a quick recovery, Larry. Wildlife is a brilliant restorative! Sit back and enjoy. B :)

Way...way out East Larry :) I'm averaging between 12 -14 species daily in the garden, might be a mean average both sides of the pond at this time of year in the Northern hemisphere. :t:

4 Fantail Doves over yesterday and this years highest count of Greenfinch (11)

Young male Sparrowhawk perched for 5 minutes until seen off by the Magpies.

Thirteen (13) species today (new for 2015 in yard, Mourning Dove). Still waiting for the Black-capped Chickadee and Carolina Wren to show up (as they have been pretty much regulars at the feeders).

Plenty of Coal, Great and Blue Tits here along with Nuthatchs, Chaffies and the odd Jay, Song Thrush and Goldcrest. Also added a year tick this morning in the form of a Treecreeper - always nice to see.

Hope you are well Larry.

Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

Back