• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (11 Viewers)

Probably commonplace for many but I was delighted to see a pair of Wagtails on the feeders earlier (until those ***** sparrows bullied them off!)

Great count Jeff...... and a spectacle to see I am sure. :t:

Thanks, Dave (and Bongo). It's an amazing sight when they all lift off together. Yesterday I photographed the whole flock in a set of photos, so I could look at every bird in hopes of spotting a Bohemian Waxwing in there. No luck, though.
Jeff

I put up a hummingbird feeder yesterday morning, and a male Rufous Hummingbird has been actively feeding on it all day! Very nice that the feeder already has birds feeding on it, since I just put it up.

Six Hawfinch in the garden today :t:

Great stuff Cog, you're very lucky.
My cousins grew up in Dol - Pandy Uchaf, Torrent Walk - and i spent so much time there that i fell in love with birds and wildlife. I've been back for visits and had Hawfinch flying over, and seen many in and around Llanelltyd, and even recently found a roost of them in Coed y Brenin. Recent research has found some evidence that some of the birds round Dol could be winter visitors from N Europe - amazing!

Great stuff Cog, you're very lucky.
My cousins grew up in Dol - Pandy Uchaf, Torrent Walk - and i spent so much time there that i fell in love with birds and wildlife. I've been back for visits and had Hawfinch flying over, and seen many in and around Llanelltyd, and even recently found a roost of them in Coed y Brenin. Recent research has found some evidence that some of the birds round Dol could be winter visitors from N Europe - amazing!

its good to see that parts of Wales are a real stronghold for this species. :t:

Here to Clarke o:)

The Blackbirds are in full singing mode. The birds are collecting nest material - maybe spring is here after all

Regards
Kathy
x

Still pretty busy in our yards, though numbers of each species of our winter visitors are down now that spring is approaching.
One nice surprise this weekend was the appearance of an Eastern Phoebe in our backyard. I sometimes here them around our neighborhood but this is the first one I've actually see in our yards.

Jeff

www.jeffincypress.blogspot.com

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 36
Still pretty busy in our yards, though numbers of each species of our winter visitors are down now that spring is approaching.
One nice surprise this weekend was the appearance of an Eastern Phoebe in our backyard. I sometimes here them around our neighborhood but this is the first one I've actually see in our yards.

Jeff

]

Cracking bird, Jeff. Always good to see some photos of non-British birds on here.

The usual early March increase in Siskins is underway, with c20 this morning. I've no idea why this occurs, but it's the 3rd year in a row I've seen it, with previous years seeing c30.

Last edited:
First Siskin this morning on the niger feeder this winter/spring also regular visits from a pair of LTT 3 pairs of bullfinches and large amounts of chaffinches and goldfinches along with blackbirds collard doves and house sparrows

Users who are viewing this thread

Back