• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (4 Viewers)

More snow. More cold. Many hungry birds. Good assortment too. European starling are hell on the feeders and other birds. A flock of 25 to 35 has found my yard. Where is that Cooper's hawk when you need him.
Love the excitement in their chirping when I refil the feeders in the late afternoon.

An opportunistic female Blackbird just gave me great views of it chasing around a small flying critter..... it got it then it was back to business pulling out worms from the lawn...

Nice variety Larry! My backyard here in Florida got pretty cold this morning and so far I have seen a lot of activity including:
Titmouse 3
Painted Bunting Male 1
Painted Bunting Female 3
Cardinal 2
Mourning Dove 2
Red-bellied Woodpecker 1
Downy 1
Blue Jay 4
Palm Warbler 2
Bald Eagle 1 (fly by)
Catbird 1

I really don't know what happened to them but on December 31st I had 20+ Lesser Redpoll and 3 Mealy Redpoll. New years day brought just 6 Lesser Redpoll and then nothing since. Really unusual to be Redpoll free in the winter in my garden, anyway.......

They are back. A large flock just arrived which includes 25+ Lessers and 2 Mealys. Probably the same group that were visiting pre New Year, wonder where they have been.

Only trouble is now there are two Squirrels causing chaos therefore everything is a little flighty.

Coal Tits singing well.

I really don't know what happened to them but on December 31st I had 20+ Lesser Redpoll and 3 Mealy Redpoll. New years day brought just 6 Lesser Redpoll and then nothing since. Really unusual to be Redpoll free in the winter in my garden, anyway.......

They are back. A large flock just arrived which includes 25+ Lessers and 2 Mealys. Probably the same group that were visiting pre New Year, wonder where they have been.

Only trouble is now there are two Squirrels causing chaos therefore everything is a little flighty.

Coal Tits singing well.

Please can you text me if they reappear. Can only do lunctimes tomorrow and Saturday.

CB

Big Garden Bird Watch

08.45 - 09.45 - in order of appearance

Collared Dove 2
Blue Tit 3
Magpie 1
Blackbird 6
Chaffinch 3
Starling 1
Woodpigeon 2
Greenfinch 3
Robin 1
Dunnock 1
Jackdaw 3
Coal Tit 1
Carrion Crow 1
Great Tit 1
Goldfinch 2
House Sparrow 2
Lesser Redpoll 2

This hour reflects a fair representative snapshot of my garden :t:

Record now submitted to RSPB

Very icy yesterday morning and the birds appreciated the food we put out. Most of the morning there were 50+ birds in our yards.

American Goldfinch 30+
Chipping Sparrow 16
White-winged Dove 15
House Sparrow 12
Pine Warbler 3
Northern Cardinal 3
Downy Woodpecker 2
Carolina Chickadee 2
Blue Jay 2
Orange-crowned Warbler 2
Northern Mockingbird 1
Brown-headed Nuthatch 1
Carolina Wren 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker 1
Red-tailed Hawk (flyover)

Last night was cold, too, so I'm expecting another bumper crop of birds.

Jeff
www.jeffincypress.blogspot.com

Over the week variety of birds including 2 pairs of bullfinch visiting every day along with 4 LTT on Thursday 32 goldfinch counted. All the usual visitors including blue, coal and great tit, blackbirds, collard doves, robin, dunnocks, chaffinches, magpies, greenfinches, starlings, house sparrows,wood pigeons,crows.

Hi, I am new to the site and like to see what everyone else is seeing? Nice posts, we are in central Wisconsin, is everyone else having such a harsh winter??
We have these as of today:
Blue Jay
Cardinal
Junco
Downy Woodpecker
Pileated Woodpecker
Chickadee
Nuthatch

Hi, I am new to the site and like to see what everyone else is seeing? Nice posts, we are in central Wisconsin, is everyone else having such a harsh winter??
Blue Jay
Cardinal
Junco
Downy Woodpecker
Pileated Woodpecker
Chickadee
Nuthatch

Welcome to the thread.

We've had several very cold spells here in Houston. My college was closed Friday because of icy roads. Saturday and Sunday were beautiful and mild but sleet is forecast for tonight and SNOW for tomorrow!

Jeff
www.jeffincypress.blogspot.com

Blue Jay
Cardinal
Junco
Downy Woodpecker
Pileated Woodpecker
Chickadee
Nuthatch

welcome to he garden thread HC :t:

Look forward to catching up with your updates in due course. Jeff is the long standing US contributor from the sunnier climates of Texas ;) so will be interesting to see what occurs from Wisconsin way. :t:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back