• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (3 Viewers)

Late yesterday afternoon I noticed a group of 30 Turkey Vultures over our house. They circled for several minutes. Don't know if they were migrating or if they thought I looked like I was on my last legs.

Jeff

Two new birds around my feeder the last few days: dark-eyed junco and this morning, a gray-crowned rosy-finch! The other birds kept chasing him away, though...

Two new birds around my feeder the last few days: dark-eyed junco and this morning, a gray-crowned rosy-finch! The other birds kept chasing him away, though...

Welcome :t: Good to get new visitors to the garden and feeders, its always a thrill, Just googled Grey Crowned Rosy-Finch.... Nice bird.

My regular male Sparrowhawk nearly took my head off this morning as we nearly collided in the garden, the Sprawk took last ditch evasive action.

He is coming a few times a day at the moment, funny that the female hasn't been in the garden for ages now but often passes overhead but very high up.

Buzzard over the garden was forced as low as I have seen by a group of mobbing BH Gulls, Jackdaws and Carrion Crows.... I really wish they would fight back one day

Wren lurking in and out of the conifers and Greenfinch numbers building nicely - 17

Last edited:
Nice count of Greenfinches, BFB.

My GSWs have been misisng for weeks now - I'm hoping it's just because there's so much natural food about.

Highlight of today was a Robin, persumably moulting, with white outer tail feathers. I got the Collins out in hope, but I swiftly put it away again.

Our winter birds have started to arrive. We currently have an Orange-crowned Warbler and I expect more soon. My wife say a Ruby-crowned Kinglet on Friday. I missed it but we usually have a male resident in our yards from about this time each year.
I expect Pine Warblers will turn up soon, then Chipping Sparrows, a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker and , later, American Goldfinch.

Jeff

Another new bird today: purple finch. The new birds don't seem to be quite as regular as the normal visitors but I'm hoping they'll stick around through the winter.

I'm fairly sure a Wren is resident in my garden but I only see it once or twice a year since it's so shy and tiny.

Consequently referred to as the 'lesser spotted wren'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back