• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (5 Viewers)

This morning, a dead Manx Shearwater was lying in the gutter near the post-box, a lost juv that's crash landed in the recent wet and unsettled weather at night no doubt.

Sad to hear

Apart from flocks of pesky House Sparrows, the main interest in our yards at present is the number of migrating Ruby-throated Hummingbirds.

Jeff
www.jeffincypress.blogspot.com

Nice shot. Probably just as well we don't have those in the UK, I'd get no work done for photographing them |=)|

The young Pheasants are following their parents into our garden. This years birds are just starting to take on adult plumage:

9738331894_09c43d1ff7_b.jpg

Shame about the Turtle Doves not returning. I fear they will be extinct in the UK before I have a chance of seeing one.

I had 3 newly fledged juvenile Goldfinches yesterday. Also a couple of Greenfinches.

One of our male Northern Cardinals lost a foot a couple of weeks ago. (Cats?) He seems to be coping, though. I've been putting seed on the ground for him but now he's now learned how to perch on one of our feeders. He's also learned to be extremely cautious when coming into the yard; the slightest noise or movement and he's off!
Jeff
www.jeffincypress.blogspot.com

Attachments

• Reduced.jpg
    Reduced.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 84
Two Tawny Owls calling from very close to the garden. One perched in next doors Oak, the other called and flew off. The perched Owl followed shortly after.

Two Tawny Owls calling from very close to the garden. One perched in next doors Oak, the other called and flew off. The perched Owl followed shortly after.

Last night the commotion between the two tawnys got loud and aggressive with one bird swooping at the perched bird.

anyway just a Single Tawny tonight, its making short sharp shrills.... almost juvenile like. I wonder if this is the result of last nights tussle where the adult was trying to get a juvenile to leave patch??? anyway looks like I have got a resident for the time being :eek!: hope it stays around

Users who are viewing this thread

Back