• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (1 Viewer)

haven't put post up for awhile gone quiet on my feeders
today I had
1 woodie 1 blackbird 3 goldfinches 3 chaffinches
8 bullfinches on back hedge most ive seen together

From around the bird table at Casa Maria - Venzuela

Blue-Gray Tanager

Hope you dont mind if I throw a few more species in from the feeders where we were on Holiday ;)

Attachments

• 678-001.JPG
    678-001.JPG
    193.1 KB · Views: 34
Venezuela garden feeder birds

A few from the feeders

Attachments

• 455-001.JPG
    455-001.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 642-001.JPG
    642-001.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 650-001.JPG
    650-001.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 39
Great pics BFB and another enthralling blog entry:t: (No jealousy whatsoever...)

Pair of LTTs, male GSW, 2 pairs of Blue Tits and the male Blackcap continues his visits. Still yet to see / hear him sing.

There was a goldfinch tucking into the peanut feeder this morning, despite the nyjer feeder being 3/4 full.

Never seen them at peanuts before, anyone else ?

There was a goldfinch tucking into the peanut feeder this morning, despite the nyjer feeder being 3/4 full.

Never seen them at peanuts before, anyone else ?

Good question and got me thinking. I dont recall them eating peanuts at my feeders but I suppose they have a natural instinct to benefit from a few food sources so why not.... they must do it while I am at work :-O

I put some cereals out onto a feeder yesterday and was inundated with....

Rooks :t:

There were 3 Redpolls on the nijer when I got home from work this evening. One was being repeatedly chased off by the others which got me thinking... Eventually I got a good look at it and could compare it to the others; larger than the other 2, paler appearance, white wingbar, thicker neck, you can see where this is going can't you!

Mealy!

There were 3 Redpolls on the nijer when I got home from work this evening. One was being repeatedly chased off by the others which got me thinking... Eventually I got a good look at it and could compare it to the others; larger than the other 2, paler appearance, white wingbar, thicker neck, you can see where this is going can't you!

Mealy!

Brilliant Bongo

But I think I can beat you this evening

7.35pm a ***** has just flown over - a falcon! ;)

2012 Garden Species No. 47
Hobby

OMG!

I did have a juvenile flyover last August being chased by Swallows, this time it seemed to be chased by Rooks

Sorry to steal your thunder Bongo, it all happened at once! Glad you got the Mealy to return, no such luck for me this year although I do have 2 Lessers still feeding today.

I hope it sticks around at least for a few days fopr you to enjoy

What next.

Sorry to steal your thunder Bongo, it all happened at once! Glad you got the Mealy to return, no such luck for me this year although I do have 2 Lessers still feeding today.

I hope it sticks around at least for a few days fopr you to enjoy

What next.

No worries. I haven't seen a Hobby anywhere so that it is a quality garden tick. Were you in the garden when you saw it?

The Redpolls are hanging around a long time this year, especially considering the mild winter. Normally they have gone after mid March.

Madness in the garden this morning, the neighbours (who have a fake barn owl to scare off the birds) had put a load of bread out which the starlings were going mad for, lots of house sparrows getting in on the action, to my surprise a great tit appeared on one of my relocated feeders, a garden first (at last!) and a blue tit turned up too which is a rare visitor for me believe it or not. I recently moved 2 feeders to the top of the garden nearer the house near some newly planted trees which seems to be paying off, the sparrows cant bully everything from one place anymore!

Also had a pair of goldfinch in the hedges at the back just hope they come down, they used to come often but stopped over a year ago and haven't had them back since.

Last edited:
50 Great Egrets flew over the house this morning. Even better was when I got to work and spotted a Blackburnian Warbler near my office. My favorite of all the warblers!
Jeff

Attachments

• DSC08974-001.JPG
    DSC08974-001.JPG
    219.2 KB · Views: 47

Users who are viewing this thread

Back