• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (4 Viewers)

fantastic images and video clips. I showed my mum what a Nuthatch looks like, we both agree that they look really sweet. Good to know they'll eat fat, I must put some more out loose and see if any will fly out of the woods behind us.

Everything thawing out here too. In fact, it has been raining here tonight, which does make a change. Bird front today, all the usuals including 7 Chaffinch today instead of the normal 6 and a lone Starling feeding on the bird table for about 5 mins. A juv from this year and keeps coming back on his own. None of his "mates" seems to want to come back in, which is ironic as you can have more than enough of them in the breeding season. Weird lol

Had a nice birthday present yesterday when 5 L/T/tits turned up in the garden which is a first along with 2 bramblings and the usual suspects.Hope the long tailed tits make it a regular stop off.

temp is rising here but a bit quiet in the garden so far,juvenile moorhen,a few collated doves,a robin,and a few greenfinches,bring back the cold weather!!!;)

I feel so much better not worrying about burst pipes etc so I can now enjoy my garden birds and of course all of yours.:t::t: The last couple of days can be viewed here. http://rambleswithacamera.blogspot.com/

Thank goodness your pipes are ok! I'm settling down for a really good day's garden watching today, already had a very different pied wagtail visiting (much darker than the first one and with yellowish cheeks). No takers on the bird table yet but it is a bit close to my window.

I can finally breathe through my nose again! I had the cold from hell all over Christmas and couldn't taste anything. The birds kept me going, at least I had the sheer delight of watching them in my misery!!

3 squirrels causing mayhem... 2 are fighting, chasing, banging their way around the garden, therefore the birds are on edge on unsettled.

Having said that a good selection this morning:
5 Redwind, Mistle Thrush, Song Thrush, Blackcap, Grey Heron, 11 Redpoll, Pied Wagtail

8 Goldfinches on the sunflower hearts and nyger seed. The Tits are enjoying the peanuts. A Robin picking up the scraps and the Blackbirds are devouring the apples I have put out. Latest garden bird was a brief visit by a male Blackcap. It landed on my rose arch had a quick look around then up onto the fence and away before i could get a picture. I have had a lovely morning just watching my garden.......:t::t:

Haven't posted in a few days and i'll try a quick catch up! Hope everyone is having a good Christmas!

The garden here has been non stop - Goldfinch, Chaffinch, Coal, Blue & Great Tits, Sparrows, Dunnocks, Blackbirds, Starlings, Magpies, Robin, Woodpigeon, Collared Doves and plenty of Crows and BH Gulls overhead.

This morning though quite a treat when a Reed Bunting turned up in the garden (I think it is anyway - winter plumage?!). A garden first and totally unexpected! I managed a few shots through the window - it's pretty foggy here so not the clearest pic!

Attachments

• P1070107.jpg
    P1070107.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 54
An adventurous starling briefly perched on the new birdtable but didn't stop. Blue tits were the first to discover the shredded suet on it - I'm sure once the starlings know what it is they'll gobble it up!

Haven't posted in a few days and i'll try a quick catch up! Hope everyone is having a good Christmas!

The garden here has been non stop - Goldfinch, Chaffinch, Coal, Blue & Great Tits, Sparrows, Dunnocks, Blackbirds, Starlings, Magpies, Robin, Woodpigeon, Collared Doves and plenty of Crows and BH Gulls overhead.

This morning though quite a treat when a Reed Bunting turned up in the garden (I think it is anyway - winter plumage?!). A garden first and totally unexpected! I managed a few shots through the window - it's pretty foggy here so not the clearest pic!

Winter Male Pam, brilliant :t:

Just before I left the house for the afternoon 2 male Blackcap and a female, its superb how the first one has stayed and provoked intrest from the others.

I have a very poor and distant image of the Mealy Redpoll that returned, I will post later

Last edited:
Plenty of action over the past couple of days.Today was particularly busy.
Goldfinches,Chaffinches,Black Bird,Starling Blue Tit,Great Tit,Hedge Sparrow,Dunnock,(Siskins x 4 on the same seed feeder which was great to see.)
I have added a new bird to my list (Not garden bird list) as it was in neighboring gardens tree. It looked like a Fieldfare. I was hoping it would fly into our garden but sadley it did'nt.
Can you take a look at the bird on the left please.This bird has appeared on several occations and not sure what to make of it.

Attachments

• Bird18.jpg
    Bird18.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 81

Users who are viewing this thread

Back