• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (1 Viewer)

Great photos and updates from everyone...GSW, Nuthatch, Sparrowhawk, White-Crowned Sparrow! Superb.

I put a couple of halved apples out last Saturday afternoon - they had gone by Sunday morning, so presumably the badgers took them before the birds had a chance.

I put a couple of halved apples out last Saturday afternoon - they had gone by Sunday morning, so presumably the badgers took them before the birds had a chance.

"Badger" Now that is something i would love to see in my garden....I would have to leave the gate open though. :t:

Wow, just seen the Sparrow Hawk, great shot.

This evening I was reading an old bird watching magazine and I noticed that someone had ask about not seeing Siskins in the garden and the answer was when its fine weather the cones open and when its raining the cones close and the birds move elsewhere to feed, I never thought of that and it does make sense.

I still have regular Goldfinches and the Coal Tits have been prominent today plus Blue & Great. I was trying to photograph the Coals this morning when it all went quiet and a Buzzard flew over at rooftop height circled a couple of times mobbed by a couple of Crows then disappeared. I have had them over the garden before but never so close.

Attachments

• coal tit 001.jpg
    coal tit 001.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Buzzard over the Garden 044.jpg
    Buzzard over the Garden 044.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 53
"Badger" Now that is something i would love to see in my garden....I would have to leave the gate open though. :t:

I'm lucky enough to have a family visit me every year.

I still have regular Goldfinches and the Coal Tits have been prominent today plus Blue & Great. I was trying to photograph the Coals this morning when it all went quiet and a Buzzard flew over at rooftop height circled a couple of times mobbed by a couple of Crows then disappeared. I have had them over the garden before but never so close.

Lovely photos CW :t:

CB

went for a trundle round potteric carr today,
heard a green woodpecker, saw two great spotted woodpeckers, willow tits masses of long tailed tits, and 2 sparrow hawks having a running battle with some crows, it was difficult to tell who was mobbing who most of the time.
plenty of teal, widgeon, mallards, and mute swans on the water, plus a kingfisher but distant views.

on the wader scrapes there were loads of black headed gulls 3 commons a couple of herrings and one greater black back. 3 large flocks of lapwing, and a couple of large flocks of golden plovers, all driven to a frenzy by a juvenile peregrine flushing the lot repeatedly, though the time he went through the gull flock and got on the wrong end of the great black back he left pretty sharpish with his tail between his legs.
finished the day off over looking willow marsh when this little beauty came out to say hello.

Attachments

• potteric carr 027a.jpg
    potteric carr 027a.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 41
  • potteric carr 041a.jpg
    potteric carr 041a.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 48
What a lovely day you've had CC and I love the photo of the Water Rail, am I right. I have never seen a Long Tail Tit, they are on my wish list. Bullfinches, I'm green with envy.

yes Shirley it's a water rail, i'm most surprised you've never seen a long tailed tit though they're all over the place round here.

for got to mention fungus season is going well this year seen more fly agaric today than in the rest of my life put together there was masses of the stuff

CC great pics & a great day :t:

The garden is buzzing this morning, the Coal, Great and Blue Tits are flying in non stop, we had a Robin, a couple of Dunnocks, Goldfinch, Starlings, Collared Doves, Pigeons and BH Gulls overhead and 2 Blackbirds chasing each other around the trees.

CC superb images of the WR mate

Walked the moors yesterday Nr Cat & Fiddle and got great shots of Red Grouse. Also saw Golden Plover, Lapwing and loads of Kestrels

Hey guys cracking shots!

Got good numbers of Coal, Great and Blue tits this morning with a 30 or so sparrows! There truly a eating force to be reckoned with.

Out walking the dog this morning had nice views of my first redwing for the year and a couple of yellow wags not so far from me garden so heres hoping!

Karpman

Some good action in (or very close too) peoples gardens at the minute.

Good stuff here this morning:
Garden record of 4 adult Coal tits here at the minute
Wren
2 Nuthatch
Redwing over :t:

oh and here is the Grouse from yesterdays walk:

Attachments

• IMG_8752.jpg
    IMG_8752.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 35

Users who are viewing this thread

Back