• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (4 Viewers)

Last edited:
I took the first picture yesterday morning and made a shaky decision he was a chiffchaff.
The second picture was this morning and this little bird was only around briefly but caught my eye immediatly as his eye brow and underparts where a definite light yellow. I am guessing this was a young Willow.

Or have I got them mixed up.

Thanks

If I was forced to choose I would say Willow Warbler for both. Post the pictures on the ID forum and see what response you get.

HELLO JUST JOINING IN

Hi Spinneygirl! Welcome to the thread.

CB

earleybird; [COLOR="Red" said:
Can anyone please confirm that you can see the 4x bird images on my Photobucket account ?[/COLOR]

Hi earlybird, yes your images are viewable.

Its basically, create an album name move or upload images into it and once thats done, click save and go back to your album and up the top left hand side there is a link which you can post which allows you to view that particualr album

Finally got around to downloading my photos, so here are a few pics of the recent new visitors. Bullfinch & Coal Tit.

Tonight I decided to put the sunflower seed into an empty feeder I have and put some suet pellets into the green feeder in the pic, thought they might last a bit longer that way! A sudden influx of about 15 house sparrows, they love it, nice to see them getting a look in before the starlings no doubt find it tomorrow!

Attachments

• Bullfinch.JPG
    Bullfinch.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Bullfinch 2.JPG
    Bullfinch 2.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Coal Tit.JPG
    Coal Tit.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 36
superb images from everyone, gives this thread some added spice. Dont worry about quality and close ups, its all about the variety of your garden/yard that keeps it very intresting to all.

Hi earlybird, yes your images are viewable.

Its basically, create an album name move or upload images into it and once thats done, click save and go back to your album and up the top left hand side there is a link which you can post which allows you to view that particualr album

Thanks M
I got there but the long way round.

I hate PBucket its so slow and full of flash ads and rubbish but not found anything else yet

well done on getting the bullfinch photo, everytime they have been in my garden, havnt had the camera ready!

I have to give credit to Mrs K for that one, I was occupied at the time and luckily she grabbed the camera for me, I did get to see it just before it flew off though!

Loads of house sparrows back at the feeder this morning, the suet pellets are still there so hopefully this method will conserve them somewhat. Last time I put them out on the tray and they were gone in 30 seconds, and im not exaggerating either! Goldfinch was back last night on the nyger, hadn't seen either of the pair for a while so that was nice. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend :)

Last edited:
Thanks M
I got there but the long way round.

I hate PBucket its so slow and full of flash ads and rubbish but not found anything else yet

try flikr.com thats where I upload all mine to, its nice for people viewing too as you can watch a slideshow. mine is in my signature, feel free to add me as a contact on there too, that goes for everyone else who has a flikr too!

grey heron flew past the window this morning which was nice

i've not been hiding looked in every day just didn't have anything to post.
as from sunday we will be hiding in suffolk/norfolk for 2 weeks.

i might even manage to see some birds and butterflies and other wildlife

Hello all! It's been quite some time since I've dropped in here, had a bit of time where I didn't get much time for birding, then the winter weather doesn't help but I have been thinking about the forums, every now and then when I've seen a bird or two, and there's been a very noticeable mention in the garden of late. This last Sunday, we were sitting at the dining table eating lunch when my mum asked me what a little bird was out in the garden, perched on one of our rose bushes. The first thing I saw was a flash of red on a very small bird, when it turned around it became very clear that it was a diamond firetail finch. A beautiful, delicate, yet bold little diamond finch. I was ecstatic. They're widespread, but not that common and I've never seen them in a garden before, so it was a real treat. Since then, there's been a pair of them in our garden almost every day for varying periods of time. They're charming to watch and fairly tolerant of me being out there watching them, although I only have some dodgy photos, record shots :p

Otherwise, the garden bird activity is fairly usual, the only other thing I celebrated was when one of the rosellas landed on the branch I'd placed next to the bird bath with what looked like intent to use it, although the rowdy honeyeaters put it off.

Some bad photos, haha. =P

Attachments

• DiamondFiretail.jpg
    DiamondFiretail.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 55
  • RosellaInGarden.jpg
    RosellaInGarden.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 51
  • WillyWagtailBath.jpg
    WillyWagtailBath.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 53
Hi guys sorry I have been absent i have been lurkin!

Been a busy time getting ready for the arrival of my second child, Which happened last nite!

I am now the proud father Of a Boy Nathan Ryder Hurn My second and one of each! Even less time now lol but would not change it for the world!

Mother and baby doing fine!

Kindest regards

Karpman

P.s Off for a Cigar and one pint only later hehe.

Been a busy time getting ready for the arrival of my second child, Which happened last nite!

I am now the proud father Of a Boy Nathan Ryder Hurn My second and one of each! Even less time now lol but would not change it for the world!

Kindest regards

Karpman

Congratulations Karpman!! :t::t:

Only one pint? More like half a dozen!!! :-O:-O

CB

congrats Karps, and very best wishes to you all mate

Welcome back CC (enjoy your trip) and Azzy (smart finch)

A rather rare flyover this evening.... 2 Housemartins and a not so rare visitor... Sparrowhawk

Last edited:

Kindest regards

Karpman

Congratulations :t: Wonderful news, will have a drink on your behalf B :) ;)

Azzy, you do have some great birds in your garden!

A surprise visit from a young Mistle Thrush in the garden this morning also an adult Great Tit with two youngsters. All the usual birds too. The Swifts were flying low around the house again this morning too, great to see them so close up.

try flikr.com thats where I upload all mine to, its nice for people viewing too as you can watch a slideshow. mine is in my signature, feel free to add me as a contact on there too, that goes for everyone else who has a flikr too!

thanks Andy . i've looked at flikr before ,maybe its now time to change .;) ps especially as this morning I hear that the Queen is about to use Flickr !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back