• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

USA Texas - June 2014 (1 Viewer)

All the same bird, somewhere in South Texas

Many thanks again

Attachments

• 201406 Sparrow1 Texas.JPG
    201406 Sparrow1 Texas.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 201406 Sparrow2 Texas.JPG
    201406 Sparrow2 Texas.JPG
    11.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 201406 Sparrow3 Texas.JPG
    201406 Sparrow3 Texas.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 26
Could Cassin's Sparrow be considered, being that the head is so flat-looking? I guess a juvenile sparrow would have to be considered given the time of year, too.

Could Cassin's Sparrow be considered, being that the head is so flat-looking? I guess a juvenile sparrow would have to be considered given the time of year, too.

Thanks Birdmeister, I will consider Cassin's. However since the identification of American sparrows is as close to witchcraft as makes no difference, I'll leave it to the experts!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back