• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (12 Viewers)

Gemma my Daughter

To all the work party crew...reason for my no show today.

To all those that knew Gemma from the old days on work parties....

My new Twin Grandchildren born today at 2am..
Aria and Theo ..I'll make birders of you one day along with my two other Grandson's Freddie and Toby

Attachments

• 20170425_143525.jpg
    20170425_143525.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 85

Aria and Theo ..I'll make birders of you one day along with my two other Grandson's Freddie and Toby

😀😀😀

Des.

I will say this very quietly but the weather starts to look quit promising from the Bank Holiday weekend onwards towards the All-Dayer. From Saturday the winds switch round from the recent run of westerlies and northerlies to a consistent series of winds with an easterly and southerly element; rain is also promised for Bank Holiday Monday.

early evening sky was black only did the flashes.38 Avocet 4 LRP ,3 Redshank(2m 1f),1 Common sand,1 Ruff,1 Blackwit, Lapwings (didn't see any chicks but weather cold wind),2 Oyk. 3 Gadwall(2m1f), 3 Shelduck(2m1f) Shoveler flying over,4 Linnets.Blue sky when I left.

also Congratulations to John and his family,Happy days

Attachments

• IMG_5002.JPG
    IMG_5002.JPG
    643.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_5007.JPG
    IMG_5007.JPG
    576.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_5025 (2).JPG
    IMG_5025 (2).JPG
    400.1 KB · Views: 76

Any excuse to get out of working!!!
Congrats to you and Gemma, the little one on the right seems to have spotted something interesting????:t::t::t:

Any excuse to get out of working!!!
Congrats to you and Gemma, the little one on the right seems to have spotted something interesting????:t::t::t:

He's a natural Birder from birth he was only 12 hours old in the picture and already eyes wide open on the look out 8-P

4 Black-tailed Godwit (existing bird plus three new arrivals) and adult Med Gull at the Flashes this evening as per Des.

Last edited:
Congratulations John!

I called John at 5.40pm when I found the 3 Godwits on the Moors. Not sure how long they had been there as has been watching the Terns.

Attachments

• P1240552.JPG
    P1240552.JPG
    539.9 KB · Views: 74
  • P1240535.JPG
    P1240535.JPG
    418.3 KB · Views: 83
Today's highlights:

FLASHES/HEN POOL*
Avocet (38)--------------------Med Gull (Ad + 2nd cal year).The 2nd cal year bird came in late to join the adult.
Common Sand (1)-------------Black Tailed Godwit (4). The lone bird was joined by three from the Moors.
Oystercatcher (2)-------------Snipe (1). Disturbed by cattle on land between second and third flash.
Redshank (3)------------------LRP (4)
Ruff----------------------------Lapwing (11). No sign of young.
Shelduck (4)------------------Shoveler (2 males)
Gadwall (pr +m)--------------Skylark (1)
Rook (1)-----------------------Swallow (c30)
B H Gull (c500)---------------Little Egret (2). Flew in late afternoon from over the Sailing Pool.
Sparrowhawk-----------------Cetti's Warbler*
Cuckoo heard by JS only.

MOORS:
Med Gull (2 x 3rd cal year)--Arctic Tern (3). Flew in ahead of rain early afternoon and remained all day.
Shelduck (2)------------------Shoveler (pr)
Gadwall (5)-------------------Tufted Duck (52)
Oystercatcher (4)------------Lapwing (2)
Common Sand----------------G C Grebe
Little Grebe (3)---------------Cetti's Warbler (3)
Kestrel------------------------Raven
Kingfisher---------------------Sand Martin (c150)
House Martin (15)

No Lesser, Common Whitethroat, Swift or Yellow Wagtail, but Sedge Warbler appear to have increased in number. A mixed day, but all the better for Arctic Terns and more Meds.

Des.

Last edited:
From the Moors Pool this morning Dave J reports:

3 Avocet, 3 Common Sandpiper, Snipe, Med Gull (second summer), Meadow Pipit, 11 singing Reed Warbler between car park and East Hide

The first summer Med Gull that Des noted yesterday was a new bird, sporting a red leg ring. The code was apparently "P1J" which would appear to relate to a Polish scheme. If anyone sees this bird again could they confirm the code (Des was hampered by the bird standing in the longer grass).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back