• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Two unknowns from Poland (1 Viewer)

JayFeatherPL

Poland
North-eastern Poland, Biebrza National Park, 5th and 6th of April, first recording: afternoon (about 17 pm), a glade in the forest next to a farmland (there were woodcocks flying overhead), second and third recordings: morning (about 6 am), a path in the forest leading to a big marsh with bluethroats and common snipes, I didn't see any birds. I think that the first bird is a woodlark (it was far away) and the second and third bird is a marsh tit with with a mistle thrush (it was hidden deep in the bushes), Am I right?

Attachments

• Zięba, Filuszka?.MP3
    246.4 KB
  • Sikora uboga?.MP3
    126.8 KB
  • Sikora uboga??, paszkot.MP3
    357.8 KB
North-eastern Poland, Biebrza National Park, 5th and 6th of April, first recording: afternoon (about 17 pm), a glade in the forest next to a farmland (there were woodcocks flying overhead), second and third recordings: morning (about 6 am), a path in the forest leading to a big marsh with bluethroats and common snipes, I didn't see any birds. I think that the first bird is a woodlark (it was far away) and the second and third bird is a marsh tit with with a mistle thrush (it was hidden deep in the bushes), Am I right?

'Sounds like there are at least three birds in your third recording, Jay. Two of them are Chaffinch and Mistle Thrush.

Mistle Thrush and Chaffinch also present in recording 1.

I agree that recording 2 includes what sounds very much like a Marsh Tit.

It'll be interesting to read what your bird is in recording 1, not the initial sound but the one that comes in at 2 seconds. I don't recognise that one at all. Possibly a bird that we don't get in this part of the country or is scarce. Possible Woodlark not going through his full repertoire but I'm not entirely convinced. 'Similar tone I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back