• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Twitter updates (1 Viewer)

Marmot

I am not sure if anyone is experiencing the same problems as me but the done section at the bottom of the screen keeps refreshing with twitter updates on here...this is causing any typing I do to have a delay on it....is anyone else having the same problems..I use internet explorer,

I do not use twitter.

Hi Margaret,

There's another thread about this issue HERE.

I'm not sure, though, if it covers help if you're using IE.

D

I dont really see why I should have to change my settings because of this twitter/facebook thing. Why cant we just have a link to the sites without all this disruption.

It has got to the point I am spending as little time as I can, it is driving me barmy when the response I a writing is about 3 words behind.

I completely agree, it's making this website unusable. I've worked as a software developer for 13 years, and the customer's I've had to deal with would not expect to apply a "fix" like this, as mentioned in the above link, themselves.

Everyone knows how to access Facebook and Twitter, so why have this link set up?

I hope the moderators read this and act accordingly.

I dont really see why I should have to change my settings because of this twitter/facebook thing. Why cant we just have a link to the sites without all this disruption.

It has got to the point I am spending as little time as I can, it is driving me barmy when the response I a writing is about 3 words behind.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

The Facebook like button that was previously in the footer does some strange things to allow itself to connect to facebook, and this seems to affect users running older versions of IE.

We've removed both the twitter and facebook buttons from the bottom of the page - hopefully any such issues should now be resolved.

Ollie

Thank you for sorting the problem out, as I said it was driving me barmy with typing that was words behind. It will make Ian happier to, now that I have stopped the chuntering about it.

You are back on my Christmas card list! :)

Thanks Ollie. Looks like that's sorted the problem. IE and Maxthon are back whizzing along now - though both are the current versions as well.

Thank you for sorting the problem out, as I said it was driving me barmy with typing that was words behind. It will make Ian happier to, now that I have stopped the chuntering about it.

You are back on my Christmas card list! :)

Yes, I fullheartedly agree. It drove me nuts as well, and I had begun to avoid BF. Kept checking though whether the issue had disappeared. Glad it finally did!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back