• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The World's best bird photographer? (1 Viewer)

Birding Peru

A quite bold title, and maybe there are several good ones out there, which could make this a long thread, but I recently came across some photos of birds from Peru, some that are difficult enough just to see, that were so mindblowing, jawdropping and so WOW!, that I felt throwing my Canon D50 out the window.
I am talking about Glenn Bartley.

I asked for his permission for an interview and feature some of his pics in:

Stunning birdphotography from Peru on Birdingblogs.

I hope you enjoy them.

Saludos

Gunnar

Last edited:
There are so many very good ones now but Markus Varesvuo, Tim Laman and Daniele Occhiato are among my favourites. Check Daniele's lovely White-tailed Tropicbirds from the Azores 2011 here.

Mike

I'm a great fan of Markus Varesvuo's work too. I don't know if Vincent Munier takes bird photos, but his work is also outstanding. Dutchman Frank Dröge keeps a low profile, but his work is certainly worth a look. In fact the more I think about that question the more I'm tempted to say that it is quite unfair, there are a lot of top-class bird photographers out there, and as they say "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". You might like to see some of Frank's work (and that of others) on http://www.Birdpictures.pro and decide for yourself.

Steve

Garry has clearly got a natural talent when it comes to photography especially as all his images are digiscoped - I think this sort of work makes the SLR boys want to throw in the towel!!

On a serious note: I think Kit Day is one of the best bird photographers in Britain. Unfortunately I don't see his work around much these days.

http://www.kitday-uk.com/gallery_home.html

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back