• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

sweden bird trip (1 Viewer)

irish dipper

I am thinking of going to sweden or finland to do some birding and abit of photography late may early june . Would anyone know of good areas to go to and are there any restrictions?
Thanks
Niall

Hello!

That time of year is usually very nice in Sweden, so good choice!

Areas to visit, well, it all depends on where you're planning on going. Sweden is a pretty big country, with many different nature types. Öland is always a good choice, especially around week 22 (I'll be there early June myself). The whole island is a good birding spot, although most birders tend to gather in the south at Ottenby. Great place for rarities, if you're into that.

Other good places in Sweden include Gotland (another big island in the Baltic), and Skåne, the southernmost part of Sweden. There are plenty of good birding sites in both these places.

As for restrictions, I think this link might be helpful. At this time of year there might be restrictions in where you may go because of the breeding birds, but it is usually clearly marked.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back