• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Svbony 406P/46P 80mm spotters anyone? (2 Viewers)

Received your message.
Thank you, very helpful and appreciated!
Jake,
Sorry.
Will you please tell me the model of the SVBONY Barlow lens you use? Different models available, lens section (for thread removal) appear to be different lengths when viewed online.
The SV118 Barlow (lens section only) I have will be 22mm with threads removed. I believe it will still be too long based on my previous attempts to use it with the 65mm objective version of scope.
Thanks,
Don

Lots of good information in this thread, thanks. I'm looking at either the SV406P or SA401 right now. Some of you have talked about digiscope with these. Are you mounting phone or (D)SLR? What mount are you using? Thanks!

Edit: In particular, I have a Sony A7II and Pixel 4a phone I'd like to be able to mount. I have a Leica-M adapter for the A7II if that helps (it has it's own focus adjustment so could help). Is it 1.25" to M42 T ring and T ring to E-mount? Would the wide E-Mount adapters be better? They are shorter so would bring sensor closer to the lens. I'd be focused at ~100-300 yards or infinity. I see most of the E-Mount adapters are called NEX, which refers to the smaller sensor cameras. I wonder how much of the sensor will be filled with the full frame A7II. Maybe the SA401 would fill more of the sensor with a 2" adapter to T ring?

I've emailed the phoneskope.com people to see if any of their adapters fit the SV406P. That looked like an interesting option. The SC001 wifi camera is nice, but limited to 2K. Would be nicer to put a better sensor behind that glass.

Sorry there's a lot in here. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Hi
After reading a few posts related to this scope ( that i also own) , i was wondering if buying a better eyepiece could make a good improvement in image quality compared to the original one provided with the scope .
My main focus for improvement would be 40-50x , but i would like the eyepiece to be variable and around 20-60x , because I prefer to have only one eyepiece, even if that intails some compromises.
Thanks in advance .

Last edited:
Hello,

As SV406P will arrive soon ...
I would be interested by your advice for an eyepiece compatible with it (as all 1,25" are not)
-for moon and planets.
-In the range maximum 100€

I ’m thinking about 4 to 5 MM clones of William Optics UWAN 4MM 82°:
Angeleyes, Skywatcher Nirvana , Tecnosky, Astro-Tech …

Or 4 or 5 MM 58° like Skywatcher WA Super-Plössl

(I also read in this thread that TMB 4MM feedback was not so good)

Last edited:
Hi everyone im new on this forum. Im about to buy a Spotting scope for birdwatching. I read the threads in this Forum dealing with the SV406P. I would like to know from people owning this scope (or other models from the same brand) for some time now, if there appeared any Problems since you bought it. Im a Bit concerned about warranty etc. Here in germany.
Thank you in advance.

Hi everyone im new on this forum. Im about to buy a Spotting scope for birdwatching. I read the threads in this Forum dealing with the SV406P. I would like to know from people owning this scope (or other models from the same brand) for some time now, if there appeared any Problems since you bought it. Im a Bit concerned about warranty etc. Here in germany.
Thank you in advance.
I had a problem earlier this year with the focuser locking up in a certain point (about three times in each turn). I managed to fix it myself since the scope is 2½ years old and hence out of warranty. The Svbony tech support was not very helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back