• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sussex report (1 Viewer)

RockyRacoon

Hi all, can anyone tell me what shops I could find a copy of the sussex bird report for 2004 when it is out next year sometime. Thank you!

Hi Jake,

I think the Sussex Ornithological Society produces their Bird Reports - Web site. The website seems to mention the 1997 report as the latest.

I have some involvement with the Kent OS and it takes a long time for these reports to come out - particularly for the counties with more activity. Often records don't come in until well after a year has ended and then they have to be collated and the information provided assessed. A period of over 2 years from the end of a year to production of a report is not uncommon.

Back issues of these reports are often available from the relevant societies.

Good luck.

BrianB said:
I think an email to the society may be in order here as they seem to have left up an old version of their site ;)

The 2002 version is the latest one which was published in December 2003.
Thanks Brian. I couldn't believe they were that far behind !!

BrianB said:
I think an email to the society may be in order here as they seem to have left up an old version of their site ;)

The 2002 version is the latest one which was published in December 2003.

The link I gave above (first reply to Jake) has this information too - looks like they have different people working on their website!

Elizabeth Bigg said:
The link I gave above (first reply to Jake) has this information too - looks like they have different people working on their website!
I think it may be my fault - I have picked up a link from somewhere which itself is out of date. Yours is right.

robinm said:
I think it may be my fault - I have picked up a link from somewhere which itself is out of date. Yours is right.

I just wish there could be a huge spring clean on the web - Googling would be so much quicker if all the redundant stuff were swept away!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back