• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sunagor 9-45x21(!) micro zoom binoculars (1 Viewer)

Rotherbirder

United Kingdom
Was entertained by a spot on a well-known TV shopping channel this morning trying to sell Sunagor 9-45x21 'micro zoom' binoculars. One of the testimonials quoted said they were excellent, 'especially for birdwatching!' What have I been missing all these years? Its a good job that they offer a 30-day 'cooling off' period that's all I can say.

RB

I have a Sunagor 15-70x27 'Mini zoom' I was warned by a friend that's forgotten more than i'll ever know about optics to stay away from zoom bins, I'll never learn as I keep buying them and always without a miss I have to refocus, Sometimes I have to adjust the eypiece too! :unsure:😬

The Sunagor are particularly nasty due to the high power zoom!

John 🙂

I suspect the only hope is regular, top quality bins, with an extender to make one barrel a higher powered scope. ( Has that already been done?)

I dragged around a pair of duovids for a few years. They were ok, but aged quickly. More recent good spec binoculars blow them away for brightness and sharpness

I have found that about 2% of these types of binocular actually work.

They may occasionally be in alignment at the lowest power, but almost never at the highest.

The two sides don't synchronise.

Sunagor have been selling these types of binoculars and low priced camera lenses for decades.
They must be one of the most profitable names.

The buying public just go for high number specs and one off reviews of cherry picked samples.

That is the world we live in.

B.

Why on earth would anyone settle for the shame of a pathetic 9-45x21 zoom?
see at: https://www.shop.express.co.uk/i-nn-9-45x21/sunagor-the-worlds-smallest-zoom-binoculars/

Instead they could have the glory of owning the magnificent Sunagor 30-160x70 Mega Zoom!
see a qualified review at: https://www.bestbinocularsreviews.com/blog/sunagor-30-160x70-mega-zoom-binoculars-02/

Zoom binoculars of course use all of the latest technologies, including innovations such as a Flexible Linkage Band to enable the zoom function
An FLB is what you and I would mistakingly think of as 'a rubber band', see at: https://www.bestbinocularsreviews.com/zoom-binoculars.php

A slightly deranged
John

Attachments

• Shameful 9-45x21 Zoom.jpg
    Shameful 9-45x21 Zoom.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Magnificent 30-160x70 Mega Zoom!.jpg
    Magnificent 30-160x70 Mega Zoom!.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Genuine Rubber Band.jpg
    Genuine Rubber Band.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 13
It was just amusing to listen to the salesperson - and an 'expert' from Sunagor - spouting superlatives whilst managing to keep straight faces. The whole thing is a con. To demonstrate the zoom, a photograph of the Taj Mahal was used and the voiceover describing the zooming process and the quality of the binocular nearly made me wet myself! If you manage to come across it while flicking through the TV channels just take a few minutes to watch it, its an education.

RB

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back