• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Staffordshire Central and East (1 Viewer)

At Blithfield today from the hides saw wigeon, pochard, goldeneye, goosander, pintail and ruddy duck from the hides.
Watched the gulls coming into roost from the dam and also a large flock of around 200 lapwing.
Happy Birding:t:

I don't think he comes on here any more :)

I visit croxall occasionally, the second hide(the one the other side of the train line) I find best, Also worth having a walk around the second pool and by the river.

sorry I can not be of more help but I never have much luck when I go :)

Stu

Hi Stu,

I popped over to Croxall yesterday, best thing I got was a mute swan in the lovely light, that's about it.

Plenty of black headed gull were out, saw some house sparrows and also a gorgeous lapwing, but sadly it was too far away for me to get a decent shot :(

I didn't have all the time in the world to spend there, so maybe had I hung around longer I may have seen more.

My day birding on Cannock Chase.

Nuthatch and female chaffinch. I had seen Hobby, Buzzard, Cuckoo, Green Woodpecker and a Jay, just never managed a shot of them.

Attachments

• DSCF2623.jpg
    DSCF2623.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCF2659.jpg
    DSCF2659.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCF2665.jpg
    DSCF2665.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCF2666.jpg
    DSCF2666.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 3
Pleased to see the welcome return of a goldcrest to our garden this weekend. Has been a regular visitor over the last 2-3 years, but last winter we didn't see it after November.

Can't help wondering if it is the same individual, presumably a migrant, that has returned. Maybe last year was just too cold, and it headed further south?

Things

Hello to all.. This is the first I have seen of this thread and I will endeavour to report anything on this one. Seems to be concentrating on my local patches than the moors thread. Spent the weekend in wales but visited Whitemoor Haye last night to see the single Whooper Swan. Got today off from work too so heading to a couple of local sites. Cheers

Locally produced bird food

Most of our birding is done from the house, watching the variety of birds that come in for food from nearby farm and woodland.

Over the weekend, we discovered a local producer of bird food at very competitive prices - Prince Farm Feeds based in Kings Bromley (between Lichfield & Rugeley). Thought it may be of interest and worth sharing with anyone else who is an armchair birder based in east / south / central Staffs.

They also have a website - www.feedforbirds.co.uk.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back