• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spurn! (1 Viewer)

Saw the weather systems headed our way and cant go out at weekend so made sure i was out today! Rocked up at 9ish to immediately get rubbish views of the Greenish Warbler plus Willow Warbler, Redstart & Goldcrest everywhere. Dipped the Yellow-browed Warbler that had been seen earlier. All of a sudden Little Bunting comes over the CB- ran from the Crown and Anchor car park to Beacon Lane but to no avail it had already flown. Pretty quickly after a Great Grey Shrike was seen in the triangle but oh no i get an important call from work- i get a brief flight view whilst talking to the boss. Whilst looking along the bushes I see the shrike take flight along the canal and down into the bushes the last I see of it. A poke around the crown and anchor car park after lunch reveals a further redstart. Soon after excellent views of the Greenish Warbler leave me a happy man. I went for a wander down by the point, saw a few Redwings, Reed Bunting and Stonechats including a male with a whacking great neck-collar which seemed 'eastern' but i couldn't see the rump. Nevermind. Dipped a Yellow-browed Warbler again when i got back to the crown and anchor but all good really.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back