• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Snypex Return Problem * What To Do ? (1 Viewer)

gcole

United States
Purchased new pair of 10x32D-ED on Nov. 5. Immediately after bringing them to our eyes found out their eye relief was way inadequate for our use with our glasses. Sure did not measure up to BestBinocularsReviews description and because of their return policy on their website …… 30 day back guarantee if not fully satisfied * full money back less shipping. Tried contacting them thru their website thru phone and emails no response. So I for the first time contacted my credit card company to complain ….. long story short, it’s been since Nov 8 and my Visa company will soon issue me a full refund because they also can not contact them to dispute my claim. What do I do with these after we get our money ? This has never happened before. We feel guilty to sell these to someone else and pocket the funds.

Last edited:
Wait until you get the money back from your credit card company.
Write the seller a letter explaining your situation, the problem and that your credit card company has refunded the money and that you want to return the unwanted binoculars. Suggest that they supply you with a suitable box, etc. for the return of the binoculars and if they fail to comply you will keep the binoculars.

Send that to the seller by registered post (or which ever system gets you a signature to confirm delivery).

If they don’t contact you - they’re yours to sell.

I will say that I've read of companies playing games in communication (or lack of communications ) to extend the time until it is beyond the 30 day no questions asked return time frame. Further, it would appear that you have to pay for the return to them. Good luck, Pat

I will say that I've read of companies playing games in communication (or lack of communications ) to extend the time until it is beyond the 30 day no questions asked return time frame. Further, it would appear that you have to pay for the return to them. Good luck, Pat
You might be right. A few hrs ago I remembered we still had the original shipping box in our recyclables in our garage and when I compared the ship from address on the label it had the same address on their website but a different phone number then the two discontinued phone numbers your supposed to call on their website. I called the number this morning thinking even if this is a valid number it will keep ringing or get a recording because today is Sunday, a non workday in New York. Behold a gentleman answers and ask who is this, I reply is this Snypex Inc. The man hesitated and says yes. I briefly explain the situation and he says they never received the two emails I have sent and says there is nothing wrong with their website info. In which I immediately hung up after saying I will let my credit card company finish handling my complaint with a refund to me. Tomorrow morning I will call my credit card company to confirm my complaint is still valid with the refund still forthcoming. We really wanted the binoculars to work for us. If we had purchased these from BH photo or some of the other online retailers now selling this brand instead of direct from Snypex I am sure we would never had to get our credit card company involved.

Wait until you get the money back from your credit card company.
Write the seller a letter explaining your situation, the problem and that your credit card company has refunded the money and that you want to return the unwanted binoculars. Suggest that they supply you with a suitable box, etc. for the return of the binoculars and if they fail to comply you will keep the binoculars.

Send that to the seller by registered post (or which ever system gets you a signature to confirm delivery).

If they don’t contact you - they’re yours to sell.
Great Advice !

If you don't mind , I'd like to read of the ultimate resolution to this "saga". It doesn't exactly inspire me to order directly from that particular optics provider. Regards, Pat

If you don't mind , I'd like to read of the ultimate resolution to this "saga". It doesn't exactly inspire me to order directly from that particular optics provider. Regards, Pat
I will. Shortly after my hang up with my supposedly Snypex guy, I got a recall phone message from the guy who I had hanged up on .. . his message was he was going to dispute my claim saying I said I had not received them which is not true and if they are returned he will decide if a refund is warranted. His message also said a RMA number for the return was not needed(website says needed) and could return them to the Snypex website address and emphasized I had only 30 days to make the return. I later took some more time to research his phone number which is not on the Snypex website. It’s listed to a Snypex LLC. A residential phone number showing a private residence. Well … if I wanted to sell a product direct to the public with not wanting to take returns with refunds this is the way to go, create a website with bogus email returns with out of order phone numbers. This way they can run out the 30 day return policy and even if you still have a few days left to return them they can say they did not receive them in time to any credit card complaint or it’s not as sent, damaged or missing something. It’s interesting that now he is going to dispute my claim, he now knows I made a claim against this purchase because my credit card company only had the Snypex website info to contact him regarding my purchase to dispute my return which has a bogus email with out of service phone numbers. This is probably why my credit card company is still waiting for a response after twenty days from when I made a complaint regarding my purchase. Great Scam, LLC created to prevent any legal problems. Just run out the clock and credit card company will likely favor the result to the scammer if purchaser does not file claim in time.

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with my Chase Visa Credit Card Company, they issued me a full refund on Nov26. I asked about trying to return these to the address on their website, they said that decision was up to me. They would not get involved in returning these and assured me if the seller tries to file a counter complaint, that there would be none. This case is closed. I must admit this was a first for us, having to get our credit card company involved with a return. I am glad I did not trust the seller to get back to me, if I had let this go for weeks the out come might have turned out very differently. I had only til this Fri before the 30 day return ran out, if indeed if there was ever a real return policy at all. My complaint was not with the quality of their product but how they described their use with glasses. I will contact the individual who answered the phone at Snypex LLC. which is not on their website, request a prepaid shipping label. If they had honored their website warranty I would have gladly paid to ship them back. Not now, they are going to eat the shipping cost if they want them back. If they do not respond with a prepaid label to ship them to whoever, I will just keep these and some member here will get one heck of a deal.

Just a shot in the dark but I think the same person that tried to bully you into sending it back at your cost will try to do it again in addition to the (idle) threat of disputing the return of funds, but that will be the end of it Sound like you have a spare!
One thing- the shape of the face and the curvature of the glasses in addition to the thickness of the glass (polycarbonate) lens can force the binoculars quite far from the eye. As far as I know, there is no international standard as to how eye relief is measured. The result is that effectively it is up to the potential user to confirm the optics can be used. It is a common topic that shows up on the cloudy nights binocular forum and one retailer picked on the fact of no standard and made his own measuring device (Kevin Busarow- Oberwork optics) and applied the instrument to all his products. With some interesting results! One cloudy nights poster (Pinac- Canip on this forum)) even bought a device designed specifically for that measurement and tested all the binos in his extensive collection. Regards, Pat

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back