• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Shrike (1 Viewer)

saviornitho

Jérémy Savioz
Hello,

Could you confirm a red-backed shriked ? I'm sorry for the terrible quality of the pictures !
Photos taken today (at sunset) in South Switzerland

Thanks

Attachments

• pg1.jpg
    pg1.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 263
  • pg2.jpg
    pg2.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 154
  • pg3.jpg
    pg3.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 159
  • pg4.jpg
    pg4.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 253
  • pg5.jpg
    pg5.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 225
I reckon Isabelline is a good shout with rufous tail contrasting with paler upperparts, weak mask (mask mainly behind eye), pale lores and general colouration. Although photography and lighting can convey a false impression.

Where were the photos taken? Would be nice to check tomorrow morning and I guess a lot of Swiss birders would be very interested too.....

André

The pictures were taken in Granges, between Sierre and Sion, in a hedge near the prison.
Here is the "coordonnées GPS" : 603'040 / 123'715

I had only binoculars and the bird was very far, so I didn't distinguish any detail of the feathers. I went slowly near it while taking some pictures but he flew off quickly. So for the moment there is no other information than what we can see of the pictures.
The sun is rising right now and I'm going to look for it again...

I had only binoculars and the bird was very far, so I didn't distinguish any detail of the feathers. I went slowly near it while taking some pictures but he flew off quickly. So for the moment there is no other information than what we can see of the pictures.
The sun is rising right now and I'm going to look for it again...

Good luck! I hope you'll find it again :)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back