• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Selection of birds, Scotland UK (1 Viewer)

tejsmith

Bulgaria
There have been suggestions for both W-T and Golden for this first eagle, so I thought I'd put it on here for the wider community to help me! Took last weekend in Mallaig, Scotland.

The second is a bird we noticed clambering over the train track at Mallaig train station. Initially just assumed it was a Guillemot but now not sure.

Third we have a tern out on Rum. Couldn't quite tell which it was.

Last, the most rubbish photo for those who like to take a random shot in the dark :D Over Canna island.

Attachments

• Optimized-IMG_3615.JPG
    Optimized-IMG_3615.JPG
    629.5 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_3600_zps302f80b1.jpg
    IMG_3600_zps302f80b1.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_3834_zps359f7f5c.jpg
    IMG_3834_zps359f7f5c.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_3810_zpsad1f456a.jpg
    IMG_3810_zpsad1f456a.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 133
1. White-tailed Eagle
2. A very strange shot of a Manx Shearwater
3. Looks like a Little Tern from what can be seen
4. A raptor - maybe Common Buzzard

Gotta be White-tailed - the size of the bill is the giveaway for me. The last I'd agree with Andrew and say Buzzard.

Finding it difficult to rule out a young common/arctic tern for pic three (i'm getting a 'common' feel though) - I guess Little tern might be quite rare on Mull too.

Finding it difficult to rule out a young common/arctic tern for pic three (i'm getting a 'common' feel though) - I guess Little tern might be quite rare on Mull too.

I suspect you're right about their rarity in Mull and it may well be a 'Commic'. It's hard to be really sure about most of the features on this pic so it's perhaps best lest unidentified.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back