• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SE Arizona Lizard ID help (1 Viewer)

Hamhed

These photos are from May 2017, but never clarified ID . I've put what we suspect is the correct ID for the first one but really not getting any matches on the second one from our Az ID book. thanks

Attachments

• Desert Spiny Lizard ? (2).jpg
    Desert Spiny Lizard ? (2).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • Desert Spiny Lizard ?.jpg
    Desert Spiny Lizard ?.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • DSCF7346.jpg
    DSCF7346.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • DSCF7347.jpg
    DSCF7347.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
Your first looks more like Mountain Spiny, Sceloporus jarrovi and the second must surely be Striped Plateau Lizard, Sceloporus virgatus?

Last edited:
Thanks for your input. I looked at these again, and I guess originally I didn't feel like the spiny lizard , in my photos, had a complete collar. S. jarrovii in my book calls it Yarrows and notes a complete collar. Do you feel this is a complete collar?
As far as the other, I was leaning towards S. slevini because when I zoom in the side scales look horizontal....what do you think?
And, if your willing, would you call the attached a Desert Spiny? Thanks for you time.

Attachments

• ? Desert Spiny Lizard.jpg
    ? Desert Spiny Lizard.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back