• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sandwell Valley (6 Viewers)

Willow Tit Feeders and Pete Carless saw five Jack Snipe fly out the Marsh flushed by Work Party per Pete Hackett
Good Birding YAMYAM

Last edited:
Forge Hill and Hill Sixty
Raven, Jack Snipe, Willow Tit x2, Goldcrest x3, Reed Bunting x6, Green Woodpecker x2 and Great Black Backed Gull over per Pete Hackett
Good Birding YAMYAM

Raven
Just a note on Raven's in the Valley the first record was was only ten years ago to the month in the last three years we have had birds recorded on 39 dates with a total of 63 birds up till 5th February 2016, the maximum count being 4 birds seen over the rspb on the 15th October 2015.
Good Birding YAMYAM

Raven
Just a note on Raven's in the Valley the first record was was only ten years ago to the month in the last three years we have had birds recorded on 39 dates with a total of 63 birds up till 5th February 2016, the maximum count being 4 birds seen over the rspb on the 15th October 2015.
Good Birding YAMYAM

Its only been twenty years since we had to go over Enville sheepwalks to see them. Now they seem to be wandering over the local built up areas. I've seen them displaying over Brierley Hill high Street only last year, and had them over my house several times.

Forge Mill from the Hide
Buzzard, Oystercatcher, Wigeon x3, Goosander c14, Pochard c8, Tufted duck c18, Gadwall c19, Snipe c14, Teal c6, Shoveler c8 and Lapwing c20 per Pete Carless
Good Birding YAMYAM

Feeding Station
Reed Bunting c9, Bullfinch c11, Greenfinch c22, Goldfinch, Chaffinch c11, Coal Tit x2, Willow Tit x3 and Stock Dove per Pete Carless
Good Birding YAMYAM

Its only been twenty years since we had to go over Enville sheepwalks to see them. Now they seem to be wandering over the local built up areas. I've seen them displaying over Brierley Hill high Street only last year, and had them over my house several times.

I've been told they are also regular over the Quarry at Rowley
Good Birding YAMYAM

Had a stroll round Forge Mill first thing this morning. In addition to the above I saw 3 Goldeneye (m&2f), Grey Wagtail and Water Rail calling in the marsh.

Kittiwake

Up till the year 2000, Kittiwake had been recorded on 32 dates with 106 birds involved, the maximum being 37 birds on the 3rd November 1989 and 30 birds on the 28th February 1988. Since then we have had 10 records with today's bird involving 14 birds. November has been our best month with 45 birds seen and February the second with 38 birds. The birds seen since 2001 are listed below:-

2001 ×1 Adult 14th April
2002 x 1 1st winter February 2nd,
2002 x1 Adult February 20th
2002 x1 Adult April 14th
2004 x3 Adults February 27th
2004 x1 Adult March 13th
2005 x1 Adult March 10th
2007 x3 Adults November 19th
2011 x1 1st Winter December 18th
2016 x 1 Adult February 8th

Good Birding YAMYAM

Last edited: