• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Salford Priors GP (1 Viewer)

Neil Duggan

Just wondered how was everybody's passage of Wheatear. We have only had one yesterday, despite no change in habitat in area's where we normally find them.

Same time last year we recorded a dozen. Thanks

I saw Wheatear in 3 different locations within a mile of each other around Sandwell Valley on Sunday morning. Total of 12 birds, although clearly potential for duplication.

Whilst I'm here - Neil - is Salford Priors GP an open site for anyone to visit? I read your blog posts and am never quite sure whether the site is open or whether you have a permit arrangement with the landowner.

Thanks for replies guys.

Rob - Salford Priors GP is owned by Ragley Estates but is leased to Cemex who are still under contract to restore the site.

Whilst there are no formal arrangements in place we have a small team that do the site and surrounding areas. All the team are instructed to ensure keep clear if there is any work going on or bird other areas if there is a shoot on.

If you are ever over our way drop me a DM on Twitter and I'd happy show you main areas.

Thanks for replies guys.

Rob - Salford Priors GP is owned by Ragley Estates but is leased to Cemex who are still under contract to restore the site.

Whilst there are no formal arrangements in place we have a small team that do the site and surrounding areas. All the team are instructed to ensure keep clear if there is any work going on or bird other areas if there is a shoot on.

If you are ever over our way drop me a DM on Twitter and I'd happy show you main areas.

Thanks for the clarification, Neil. Your offer is much appreciated.

Attached are the collated results from the 17 sites that participated in the West Mids Spring All-Day Birdwatch on Saturday 5th May, including Salford Priors. A total of 130 species were recorded across the locations, compared to 138 last year when fewer sites took part. Passage was slow / non-existence across the region, probably best demonstrated by no records of Dunlin.

Attachments

• Spring 2018 All-Dayer.pdf
    47.7 KB · Views: 6
Please find attached the overall results of last Saturday's West Midlands Spring All-Day Birdwatch - quite a tidy haul across the region given the minimal movement on the day itself.

Attachments

• Spring 2019 All-Dayer.pdf
    62 KB · Views: 3
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back