• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rock Trush in Graubuenden ? (1 Viewer)

albatross02

Hello,

I have got the book "Voegel beobachten in der Schweiz".
There is written a place for Rock Trush is Ramosh in Graunbuenden near Austria.
How good is the chance to find this bird there in this time ?

Also intersting for me is
Barred Warbler ( Sperbergrasmücke )
Alpine Swift
Wallcreeper
Wryneck ( how difficult is it to find ? )
Rock Bunting ( Zippammer ), I have never seen before

also interesting are
Blue Rock Trush ( Blaumerle )
Roller

Best regards
Dieter

Hi Dieter,

Rock Thrush: never easy. There are no records on ornitho.ch from Ramosch this year, but some from Tujetsch and Tschierv (Tschierv is more or less in the same area). I can give you more detailed infos if you're interested. Generally July is a good time for Rock Thrush.

Barred Warbler: A very rare breeder in Switzerland and as far as I know no sightings this year. It's always worth to check any hedge in the Engadin.

Alpine Swift: Not easy in the alps but usually you should see some. Much easier in cities like Zurich or Chur.

Wallcreeper: I don't know reliable sites in Graubünden, but there are records from Poschiavo and Flims. Much easier in the Wallis or Tessin.

Wryneck: hard to find, especially so late. A good area is between Fläsch and Maienfeld (north of Chur).

Rock Bunting: Easy in the Engadin. I could send you some recent sightings in a pm

Blue Rock Thrush: Does not breed in Graubünden. The next breeding sites are in the Tessin (near Belllinzona)

Roller: a rare vagrant to Switzerland. No records this year, the last ones were in western Switzerland in 2009 for some days.

André
(You can easily pm me in German if you prefer)

Wallcreeper: I don't know reliable sites in Graubünden, but there are records from Poschiavo and Flims.

Good to know there are some to be seen at Flims.
I wonder if this summer I'll actually get to see one.
Failed so far on various trips to the Alps.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back