• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Reykjavik November (1 Viewer)

Mike Cross

Due to go to Reykjavik in mid November for 3 days. Unlike usual holidays will not have a car but will apparently be going on something called the Golden Circle Tour. Which I assume means hours on a coach punctuated by a couple of 10 minute breaks to walk around a shop. Don't ask, not my choice! Is there the remotest of chances that I might see a Harlequin either in and around Reykjavik or on the aforementioned tour? Advice/moral boost/hope gratefully welcomed.

Thanks

Mike

Advice/moral boost/hope gratefully welcomed.

Hi Mike

I can give you advice, not sure about moral boost and I may dash your hopes but Harlequin is not likely at all on the Golden Circle Tour in winter as Harlequins winter at sea and that tour doesn't visit the coast. And the chances of seeing Harlequin in Reykjavík itself in winter are also very slim. They are quite common 40 minutes from Reykjavík though, so if you are here over a weekend we may be able to sort something out.

Hi Mike

I can give you advice, not sure about moral boost and I may dash your hopes but Harlequin is not likely at all on the Golden Circle Tour in winter as Harlequins winter at sea and that tour doesn't visit the coast. And the chances of seeing Harlequin in Reykjavík itself in winter are also very slim. They are quite common 40 minutes from Reykjavík though, so if you are here over a weekend we may be able to sort something out.

That's very helpful. Thank you

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back