• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Redwings galore!! (1 Viewer)

Cheshire Birder

Large numbers of Redwings passing over Cheshire today including 1000 at Leasowe, 750 at Hoylake, 300 at Woolston Eyes, 300 over New Brighton, 350 over West Kirby, 250 over Newton and 100 at Alsager;

Anyone else got big counts?

CB

Not seen any myself, but 400+ Redwing moving at one site in Cornwall, with numbers of Redwing and Fieldfare elsewhere in the county.

Two days ago it was still summer!

Large numbers of Redwings passing over Cheshire today including 1000 at Leasowe, 750 at Hoylake, 300 at Woolston Eyes, 300 over New Brighton, 350 over West Kirby, 250 over Newton and 100 at Alsager;

Anyone else got big counts?

CB

Certainly a 100+ for me on Thursday...going NNW, and regular groups of 2's, 8's and 30's yesterday, heading to the same compass point.

There was a morning count of 33000 at just one Bedfordshire site the other day, with many elsewhere. Today in Sussex so far there have been counts of 60 Ring Ouzel at one site, and 205 at another. Certainly been plenty of arrivals

That is massive arrivals so late into October.

CB

Indeed so, and the biggest count of the day was higher still - 400 at Beachy Head!

I stuck to my patch and had, erm...3 Rouzels lol. Ah well. Did find a Yellow-browed Warbler too, that self found patch tick took the sting off it :t:

Indeed so, and the biggest count of the day was higher still - 400 at Beachy Head!

I stuck to my patch and had, erm...3 Rouzels lol. Ah well. Did find a Yellow-browed Warbler too, that self found patch tick took the sting off it :t:

Yesterday triple figure counts in Sussex included c390 at Beachy Head, 205 at Hastings Country Park, 162 at Crowlink and 150 at Seaford plus 100 at Dungeness (Kent)!!

Congrats on the self-find!! Thats 3 more Ring Ousels than we had in Cheshire!!

CB

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back