• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Recent problem with walking boots (1 Viewer)

Stoggler

Getting to grips with young gulls
Hi

I've recently been experiencing pain in one of my feet when I go walking while wearing my walking boots. They're a reputable make (Meindl) bought from a reputable independent retailer and for ages I had no problem at all, they were perfect. But for some reason recently an area on the sole in the bridge area of the foot starts to become very uncomfortable. I'm not walking great distances (a couple of miles or so tops) and not on any difficult terrain, and I never get this feeling while wearing any other footwear.

Any suggestions what might be happening here? The boots are in good condition and the tread hasn't worn away, and I don't think my gait has changed. Is it time to invest in a new pair (something I'd rather not have to do as this pair if I can help it?

Thanks

If you have room I would try insoles as well. My Meindls are great, but they do seem to have pretty hard insoles so I use cushioned hiking socks with them.

On another front, i dont know your age or physical condition, but as I have gooten older my feet have changed a good bit and I had to move to a wider boot in the last year (57) and weight gain or loss can also affect fit.

Thanks for the replies.

For the record, I'm 40 and in generally good health. I've not noticed any changes in other footwear I have, but I have wondered whether there's been some change physically that the boot seems to accentuate.

I shall give the insoles a go, see if that works.

Regards

Thanks for the replies.

For the record, I'm 40 and in generally good health. I've not noticed any changes in other footwear I have, but I have wondered whether there's been some change physically that the boot seems to accentuate.

I shall give the insoles a go, see if that works.

Regards

You havent switched other shoes around have you?

Last year I bought a pair of Merrills Moabs. Felt great, wore them 2 days and my left foot started hurting, hurt no matter what I wore, I was limping it hurt bad enough. I put the Merrills aside and it took probably a month to return to normal, tried the Merrills again and the same thing happened. The Merrills are now gone and I have had no more issues

Hi,

Sounds like you may be suffering from plantar fasciitis, a painful condition I first experienced after a round of golf, wearing, would you believe, Footjoys!
Inner soles with arch supports relieved it for me, which I bought from Boot's for around 20 to 25 quid. Had them in two or three pairs of shoes. Did the trick and, I'm pleased to say, I don't suffer from this condition any more. I have not needed to use the insoles for at least the last couple of years and am now 67yrs old).

Regards,

Neil

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back