• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rare and Scarce Birds in Warwickshire (4 Viewers)

Depending on yr stance - that's either a gauntlet, challenge or Red rag to one or two photographers out there;)

Laurie:t:

Or clear and precise instructions to be followed to the letter to avoid prejudicing the relationship with the landowner that Richard has carefully built up over recent years

Depending on yr stance - that's either a gauntlet, challenge or Red rag to one or two photographers out there;)

yes one or two photographers, bear in mind there are thousands out there, guess its a bit like there's always one or two @rseholes on here out of all the thousands of people who use this service. :t:

Whole-heartedly agree Phil (OMG now i've agreed with you;)) - i've lost several mega-ticks to Scilly photographers but they are there and agreed they are very much in the minority. What surprises me is the degree of potential disturbance by both them and dickhead 'newbie' birders before anybody says anything.

Brilliant pic but I also thought why was it so animated.......

Hi Matt...is there a map anywhere describing where the access to the Firecrest and Teal are...Is the Firecrest in the woods at the corner of Windmill.
To help all concerned and stop people (me) roaming in the wrong areas it would be useful.
Is the dogging(???) car park the pub one...hope its not the one by Terrys Pool.
Keith :t:

well theres always one who thinks from the dark side o:)

Cheers Dave - i am over in Brummigam on Saturday and thought i might get the train further on and have a poke about, i might still do before returning to Brum depends on the wevver.

Tnx -

Hoopoe -Ryton Pools

Hi All

I see a Hoopoe is mentioned on Birdguides for Ryton Pools Country Park, just to the south of Coventry, for 8.15am today.

Cheers
Andy R.

Black Redstart - Mancetter

Hi All

Does anyone have any location details on this sighting, as mentioned on Birdguides this morning ?

Cheers
Andy R.

Fieldfare Still

Visited Warwickshire over Easter.

Came across at least 2 Fieldfare still around on Wroxhall Abbey Estate.

Just noting it in case it is of interest to local birders :t:
Hobbes

Draycote 21st April

Draycote today had a probable Red-rumped Swallow, a Fulmar flew around for an hour, 10 Little Gulls a Whimbrel and 5 Ringed Plovers through.

Regards

John

Attachments

• Fulmar_9901.jpg
    Fulmar_9901.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Birdguides report Bar-tailed Godwit Marston field on Lea Marston & Coton lakes birdguides site
Could be pool along railway near Whitacre Heath NR
Could be along Haunch Lane road from Lea Marston to A4097 used to have floods along here called Haunch lane floods, however the farmer has tried to drain these.
Could be gravel pits by Marston Village SP20209 947454

Regards, John

Last edited:
Birdguides report Bar-tailed Godwit Marston field on Lea Marston & Coton lakes birdguides site
Could be pool along railway near Whitacre Heath NR
Could be along Haunch Lane road from Lea Marston to A4097 used to have floods along here called Haunch lane floods, however the farmer has tried to drain these.
Could be gravel pits by Marston Village SP20209 947454

Regards, John

Turned out to be option 3, by experienced birder Alan Dean, I should have thought these would be called Marston gravel pits and not Marston fields.

http://tamevalleybirding.blogspot.co.uk/

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back