• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rare and Scarce Birds in Warwickshire (3 Viewers)

Apologies but not a rare or scarce bird but to inform local birders that my mobile contact has temporarily changed to my old number 07931 635242. Some numbers are stored on here but probably not all so if I need to put out or receive news, some may be missed, for which I apologise. I will advise when things return to normal.

Happy days :t: My mobile has been returned :t: So I am now back to using my 07943 759**0 number :t:

Hi,

Thought i might inform you that some people in our car load traveling back from Chipping Norton yesterday saw a Common Crane in fields near Stretton under Fosse yesterday afternoon, it was seen from moving car on M6.

Thanks

Mike

Been having a good look around this area for several days and unfortunately no Cranes :-C . This morning, while travelling along the M6, the field near Stretton under Fosse held two Emu / Ostrich species! I think they might be farmed locally. I will, however, live in hope of finding a local Crane (or two) :t:

Went looking for these and found...

50 Waxwings 10am this morning by the canal behind The Fusilier off Sydenham Drive Leamington Spa. Initially high in a poplar type tree they then descended to a lower one before making forays onto a berry-laden tree by the wall.

Used the car as a hide and got within a few feet.

Just started birdwatching again. I think I may have peaked already :)

Thanks djludlow for pointer.

Paul

Last edited:
Hi,

Thought i might inform you that some people in our car load traveling back from Chipping Norton yesterday saw a Common Crane in fields near Stretton under Fosse yesterday afternoon, it was seen from moving car on M6.

Thanks

Mike

This isn't the first or probably not the last time that somebody claims Common Crane while driving past the Ostrich Farm at Pailton on the M6.

Mike.

Had a great afternoon at Whitacre Heath NR.

Most noteable species - single Sand Martin over the Flashes! - Summer is a coming!!!o:)o:)o:)

A late post of a pic i managed in poor conditions of one of the waxwings on clifford bridge road a couple weeks back.

Attachments

• waxwing1.JPG
    waxwing1.JPG
    303.5 KB · Views: 70
Draycote Water this morning

Drake Smew off Farborough Bank;
Drake Scaup off Hensborough Bank;
Buzzard (8) around site;
Meadow Pipit (5) Farborough Bank;
Grey Wagtail (2) Valve Tower;
Goosander (6) Inlet;
Chiffchaff (4) around site;
Curlew (1) over Hensborough Bank.

Draycote this morning

No sign of drake Smew.

Drake Scaup off Hensborough Bank;
Raven over Draycote Bank;
Willow Tit near Picnic Area thickets;
Chiffchaff (4) around site;
Buzzard (4);
Meadow Pipit (7);
Goosander (7);
Brambling (1m) in hedge behind sailing club;
Curlew heard but not seen in fields below Farborough Bank.

Also reported but not seen by me:

Rock Pipit Draycote Bank;
Barnacle Goose (4):
Sand Martin;
Oystercatcher

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back