• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Raptor (1 Viewer)

scodger

Any thoughts on this raptor, seen 30 mins ago over my house in Knaresborough, North Yorks, clearly not Red Kite which is daily, Buzzard is also almost daily but I'm not happy about that, it's making me think Honey. Seemed longer tailed, longer winged, less broad in the wing Didnt get much else as I was spending too much time **** about with the camera to try and get a pic!!

Attachments

• DSC01673 (2).jpg
    DSC01673 (2).jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 184
Is that the only image? Something Honey-like in the shape, especially the big tail. Anything noted about flight behaviour?
Brian

Is that the only image? Something Honey-like in the shape, especially the big tail. Anything noted about flight behaviour?
Brian

just circling, I was faffing with the camera instead of watching, I wont submit it but I'm pretty sure on Honey, worth keeping an eye out over the weekend across the country

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back