• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Quito Airport Pond (1 Viewer)

Dortmundbirder

Me again with the next question (probably not the last :) )

I checked the Quito airport pond via Maps and street view. Is there really the only access possible via the Highway, because there parking doesnt seem to be a valid option. The amount of observations suggest some easier access.

Thank you for your help.

Robin

Hi Robin, did you ever get an answer about the airport pond in Quito? Planing to be there next week (02/08) and hoping to visit the spot. Thanks!

I didnt get an answer but can give some information on my own.
You cant just stop there. It is directly at the main airport road and police is fining those stopping there directly, which is not even a scam in my opinion.
I had a suggestion by a guide to get a taxi to stop there and then later get a pick up on the same place. Apparently that is the only way to bird properly if you get a drop off, or you risk the potential fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back