• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Queensland night singing bird (1 Viewer)

danajune

Each night at this time of year, a bird sings up to an hour long at about 4am.
It drives the neighborhood crazy. My friend took a video where it looked black and white from a distance. I saw it briefly closer and thought it is more grey and mottled. I have a recording and picture. Please help me identify.
Thanks from the Brisbane Australia area. Will try again to upload video as it wouldn't accept the file type. Photo sent.

Attachments

• night-bird.jpg
    night-bird.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Hi danajune and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

Oh dear... I did hear that song last year but memory playing tricks now. Wondering about your Mapie?

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi ya danajune and a warm welcome to you. It is great to have you here with us and please join in wherever you like.

Thanks for the suggestion Sicklebill, but it is bigger than a willie and finally up closer looks grey and mottled on the chest.

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

Hi again Dana

I think I'll move your post to the ID forum, someone in there will soon be able to nail it for you. I've also subscribed you to the thread so that you can find it easily. You will receive an email with a link to click on which will bring you straight here.

Each night at this time of year, a bird sings up to an hour long at about 4am.
It drives the neighborhood crazy. My friend took a video where it looked black and white from a distance. I saw it briefly closer and thought it is more grey and mottled. I have a recording and picture. Please help me identify.
Thanks from the Brisbane Australia area. Will try again to upload video as it wouldn't accept the file type. Photo sent.
ButcherBird mating calls

Hi corysangels and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back