• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Put on a scary face! (1 Viewer)

I'm sorry, but all I can say is "yuck" I am petrified of spiders having been bitten by a Brown Recluse years ago.

I will say that this image is beautifully detailed and a colorful spider though!

Oh my goodness Tom.... that is a scary face indeed!!!

Not really what I should have looked at just before I head off to bed LOL

To the best of my knowledge, the Two spined spider (Poecilopachys australasia) is an Australian spp that slipped into NZ.
That apart, great shot.
Aus has a whole stack of very colourful spiders.
NB - These are not my images.

Maratus bubo  02 (small).jpgMaratus lobatus  01 (small).jpgMaratus nemo  01 (small).jpgMaratus spp. (elephant-faced peacock spider)  01 (small).jpgMaratus tasmanicus  01 (small).jpgMaratus vespa  01 (small).jpgMaratus vultus  01 (small).jpgMaratus unicup  01 (small).jpg

To the best of my knowledge, the Two spined spider (Poecilopachys australasia) is an Australian spp that slipped into NZ.
That apart, great shot.
Aus has a whole stack of very colourful spiders.
NB - These are not my images.

View attachment 1419974View attachment 1419975View attachment 1419976View attachment 1419977View attachment 1419978View attachment 1419979View attachment 1419980View attachment 1419981
Yes Australians are very lucky with their spiders not so with their politicians!

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back