• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pulborough Brooks (1 Viewer)

Suzie

Had a wonderful afternoon at Pulborough Brooks. It was glorious, sun shining, birds singing, absolute bliss. I saw Blue Tits, Great Tits, Greenfinches, a Nuthatch, Linnets, a Goldcrest, Robins, a Long-Tailed Tit, Pheasant and I think, a Chiffchaff. Also heard a Woodpecker drumming, but didn't see it.
Suzie

Hi Suzie,

Glad you had a good day - I've been there once myself last year and did enjoy it.....

There was another thread about Pulborough Brooks just a week or two ago, which might be of interest to you if you can search it out....

Rgds... Ruby

Ruby said:
Hi Suzie,

Glad you had a good day - I've been there once myself last year and did enjoy it.....

There was another thread about Pulborough Brooks just a week or two ago, which might be of interest to you if you can search it out....

Rgds... Ruby
Hi Ruby, I found the other thread. Very interesting. Hope you manage to visit Pulborough again, it's a super place
Suzie

Don't know it the vistor centre was there when you went? It looks quite new.

The visitor centre has 2 spotting scopes set up to look over the fields,a nice little coffee shop with views out over the fields and woods and plenty of new equipment to tempt you. I found the paths well laid out, good maps at the junctions of paths, and nice tidy hides at regular intervals giving good views across the lakes and fields.

It was hot when we went in March 2007 so take some water as a stroll with regular watching stops took us over 2 hours. Entry was about £6 a head but there were several people walking about having come in off the many public footpaths that cross and run through the RSPB area.

Hope this helps you if you were contemplating going but were not sure.

obm

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back