• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Public Comment Period Open Until March 1 For US Migratory Bird Treaty Act (1 Viewer)

Lerxst

There was a thread started by Mysticete back in the summer that is related, here. That dealt with the appalling attack on th MBTA by the Trump administration. I wanted to start a new thread to call attention to an opportunity we now have to help rectify things - for those people, like me, that were unaware of the latest news on this:

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service started a 20-day public comment period regarding the MBTA, which will end on March 1. Anyone that would like to have their views on the record, regarding the proposed rollback of protections for birds, can do so. More information on how to do so here:

I am writing up my opinion for submission and urge others to do the same.

Thanks for the reminder. I've just posted my comment asking the FWS/Dept of Interior to rescind the proposed rule.

For others who wish to post a comment, be aware that the process is slightly tricky. Follow the link to http://www.regulations.gov. Using the search field, search for the docket number "FWS-HQ-MB-2018-0090". In the search results you'll see a list of related items. Look for the item with the Comment button below it and click that button to open the comment page. You may post anonymously if you wish.

For some more background information, check out this recent article on the Audubon Society website (USA):

"Biden Halts Trump Rule That Gutted a Landmark Bird Protection Law"

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back