• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Places to stay between Joburg and Kruger (2 Viewers)

occasional

Can anyone suggest places to stay when visiting Kruger via Joburg.
Ideally about 30 miles out, but up to 150 would do, and worth staying for a day or two to catch up on local birds.

Can anyone suggest places to stay when visiting Kruger via Joburg.
Ideally about 30 miles out, but up to 150 would do, and worth staying for a day or two to catch up on local birds.

Not sure of distance from your desired entrance gate to Kruger, but Dullstroom is an excellent birding spot to break up the journey, with a variety of upland grassland and rocky outcrop species that you won't find at Kruger. There are places to stay in the town, or the campsite even has reliable Cape Eagle Owl right above it.

Thanks, Larry.

I am hoping for recommendations for specific places on all routes to Kruger so that the thread is of general interest. For example I have stayed at Dinonyane Lodge, Nylsvley. Excellent birding in the garden and adequate accomodation.

I agree with Larry. Dullstroom is a good birding spot and there is a wide range of accommodation from which to choose, depending upon your pocket, whether you want to be right in the town, whether you want to self-cater and so on. Google it on www.tripadvisor.co.za

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back