• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pennington Flash (1 Viewer)

Gandalf_22h

I put a spell on you! ----
Had a very enjoyable day at Penny Flash on Friday. Highlight and a first for me was seeing a Green Sandpiper for the first time. It was quite a ways off to get a decent image of it but managed a couple for ID purposes.

Seasoned birder confirmed it to be a Green Sandpiper and not the Common Sandpiper.

Image quality is rubbish but it will have to do for my records.

Attachments

• _DSC4495_GreenSand1_Webs.jpg
    _DSC4495_GreenSand1_Webs.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 141
  • _DSC4496_Green_Sandpiper_Webs.jpg
    _DSC4496_Green_Sandpiper_Webs.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 117
Had a very enjoyable day at Penny Flash on Friday. Highlight and a first for me was seeing a Green Sandpiper for the first time. It was quite a ways off to get a decent image of it but managed a couple for ID purposes.

Seasoned birder confirmed it to be a Green Sandpiper and not the Common Sandpiper.

Image quality is rubbish but it will have to do for my records.

Good stuff Gandalf. July is usually a good month for Green Sandpipers at Pennington, particularly from Teal hide.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back